Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be ok with weapons with a rate of fire of 3-4 per minute. Semi-Automatic weapons are often every bit as lethal as fully automatic weapons and have no place in civilian hands. Gun Control can eliminate gun violence but it obviously reduces it. We need a ban on semi-auto weapons... too bad the gun cult will never let that happen.
says who? ignoramuses like you? why is it that places in the US with the most insidious gun control laws are also the most violent?

If Musk hadn't created a fairly obviously impossible expectation of rapid production, everyone would be fine with this news. The stock at this point even factors his fantastical predictions into the price.

i really don't care about waiting a few extra months for my car. I do care that the CEO of the company is a somewhat delusional genius.

You're complaining about Elon while the president of the country is a somewhat delusional idiot? Go back to dabbling in vitreous.

I really like this thread. Even though its not perfect it gives us a rough idea as to how many Model 3"s are being produced and one can dream about when I'll receive mine.

I must say I'm really jealous of you North American's, many of you will get your cars in the next 6 months. We in Australia don't even have firm pricing yet and have to wait until 2019 at the earliest for our cars.

It will be another 3 months now until we get new production numbers from Tesla; so keep up the good work everyone in the USA and keep posting those high VIN numbers and I will be able to count down the days till we see some model 3's in Australia.
Sorry to be OT, but at least you don't have gun violence like in the US.

Last edited:
A poor kid in CR has health care and better educational opportunities than the US. A poor kid in the US can only aspire to work in a fast food joint if he's lucky.
817e7121677a372ec116437d2743e8d4--hard-truth-liberal-logic.jpg

section 8 housing, ebt benefits, wic benefits, medicaid benefits to name just a few. living in wedlock jeopardizes a whole list of benefits. it appears you really aren't very familiar with the realities of the social welfare system in the US.
The ideology that takes away benefits when you get married is conservative, not liberal.
If Republicans were really interested in marriage and the family, they would design benefits to encourage families, not drive families apart.
The advantage of the universal basic income is that it is immune from these value judgements. Everyone gets it without having to "qualify" according to some regressive judgemental regime. (Why are "less government" Republicans always making up more rules.)

The ideology that takes away benefits when you get married is conservative, not liberal.
If Republicans were really interested in marriage and the family, they would design benefits to encourage families, not drive families apart.
The advantage of the universal basic income is that it is immune from these value judgements. Everyone gets it without having to "qualify" according to some regressive judgemental regime. (Why are "less government" Republicans always making up more rules.)
no matter how you try to package your narrative it's still a no sale

Reality has a noted liberal bias.
I thought "family values" were a conservative ideology. I don't think you can blame liberals. This is an economic problem created by unrestrained capitalism.

Family is only a political concept only if you demand it to be.

Serious liberals often struggle with the concept of Family, but that does not make a conservative ideology. It remains a human ideology.

Traditionally, liberal societies like China, USSR, and the Social Democrats of Germany in the 1930's used the power of the government to dictate human reproduction and marriage.

But I cannot think of a conservative government who had ever went to such extremes.

Conservatives tend to stand for freedom and human rights. Liberals tend to stand for government control and minimize the right to live. All life is for the benefit of the State.

As long as you define "human" as white christian male. They seem to be the only ones who have rights these days. And "freedom" means freedom to discriminate...for "religious reasons".

If you define liberal as somebody who believes only the State has rights and religion is illegal.

Oddly, it's only the Liberals who want to take even more from my family. The other factions don't seem to worry about it as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.