Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to document this right now so that the Tesla cheerleaders can jump all over me but then I can refer back to this post in one years time. The Model 3 will bankrupt Tesla. The bottleneck will get worse, the "cancelation of orders" dam will burst in the next 6 months (Americans hate waiting for anything) and that will be the beginning of the end. Once the stock starts the avalanche slide the end will be near. Its too bad because the S and X were doing well except for their own parts supply issues which still aren't solved. The automotive landscape is littered with the carcasses of cutting edge start up car companies. De Lorean, AMC, Fiskar, etc. Its a very tough business with huge entry barriers. People smarter than Elon Musk have failed. The 3 was pushed too hard too fast. They would have been better off quietly releasing it until they could actually do meaningful production numbers. They took too many folks deposits way too soon setting themselves up for failure. While you may read this and feel I am just looking for a fight or a reason to knock Tesla I am not. I want them to succeed and help change the planet and I guess in some way I am hoping someone important at Tesla can think about this and change the direction before its too late.
What an ignorant post.
You’re not a Republican voter are you?
EDIT: just noticed you’re from the Deep South...

• Love
Reactions: JRP3
What an ignorant post.
You’re not a Republican voter are you?
EDIT: just noticed you’re from the Deep South...

I've spent considerable time in Au so I get the brash nature of your Country but c'mon you need to understand the U.S. better.

He's from SE Coast of Fl which votes heavily Democratic.

And coding people from where they live is just ignorant, borderline hate.

Go away :)

• Love
Reactions: McHoffa
Let's put it this way. I can't wait until delivery is the bottleneck.

Tesla is reworking the stores preparing for the influx of model 3 buyers:

maxresdefault.jpg

Good job trump chumps. If any of you wanted a tesla, you now are going to have to pay $7500 more for it, while people like trump will get a fat tax cut. MAGA!
How anyone could still support trump is beyond me.

But this is what it's all been for.

All the republican racism - all done to get the votes of racists, to get enough republicans elected to get tax cuts for the rich.

All the gerrymandering - all done to get enough republicans elected to get tax cuts for the rich.

All the voter disenfranchisement - all done to get enough republicans elected to get tax cuts for the rich.

All the pretending to be christian and caring about abortion - all done to get enough republicans elected to get tax cuts for the rich.

The creation of fox news, drudge, breitbart - all done to get enough republicans elected to get tax cuts for the rich.

The fake patriotism, the lies about too many regulations and taxes - all done to get enough republicans elected to get tax cuts for the rich.

They've been setting up for this moment for 30 years. They've told a lot of lies and ruined a lot of lives to get here. There's no way they're not going to get their massive tax cut for the rich, which will be paid for by the non rich.

Anyone who's not rich and votes republican is a fool. Anyone who IS rich and votes republican is heartless.

Last edited:
Good job trump chumps. If any of you wanted a tesla, you now are going to have to pay $7500 more for it, while people like trump will get a fat tax cut. MAGA!

How anyone could still support trump is beyond me.

It is ironic to me that you are railing against "people like Trump getting a big fat tax cut" when, to date, the overwhelming majority of people who have been able to purchase a Tesla and take advantage of the tax credit are pretty wealthy people.... who you apparently believe aren't being taxed enough.

Irony, thy name is slipnslider.

• Disagree
Reactions: slipnslider
ICE cars already get an incenctive. Every gallon of gas burned causes $3.80 in environmental damage. That's a massive discount for an ICE driver that the ICE driver should be paying, but instead is being billed to our kids and grandkids, and people on islands that will soon be under water.
The federal tax credit attempted to even the playing field. If we weren't going to make ICE drivers pay the full cost, then we wouldn't make EV drivers do it either.
Of course, with the pollution party in charge, they're determined to roast the planet as fast as possible and get as rich as they can in the process.

• Love
Reactions: T34ME
This would really really suck for Model 3 buyers, and is unfair to them. They should phase it out after 2018 instead of 2017 if that's what they want to do. Tesla finally has a car starting production that isn't for the wealthy/rich, and the timing of this change will ensure Model 3 buyers never see a penny of the tax benefit.
Since when do republicans care about "fair?" They ONLY care about the rich. They could care less about a tax credit for middle class liberals, or something that helps save the environment.

• Informative
Reactions: AndreN and 206er
The more I'm looking at this tax plan, the worse it looks for my family. This $7500 savings is just one more hosing.
I can't believe they will 2x tax citizens (taxed on state and local taxes).

The whole thing is VERY thin window dressing for private citizens (mostly middle class, again) paying for corporate tax cuts.

But don't worry, your benevolent corporate masters will give you a big raise once it passes. (I've actually heard this said with a straight face).

Reactions: jtpassat
Can we take a moment to recognize how idiotic it is to say NO POLITICS on a thread about a GOP tax reform bill?
I understand you don't want to offend conservative tesla fans, but is providing them a safe space from the consequences of their political decisions really the best thing for them, for the country, or for the environment?

The more I'm looking at this tax plan, the worse it looks for my family. This $7500 savings is just one more hosing.
I can't believe they will 2x tax citizens (taxed on state and local taxes).

Yes, it is brutal that we can only deduct a 1/2 million dollars for real estate interest on new homes. How can you even start to shop for a house when you must shop for homes no more expensive than $45,000 a month payments!@!! Think about the poor and middle class!! Where are they going to live???

Limiting property tax deductions to $10,000 is also incredibly unfair. That means you can't deduct all of your property tax unless your house has an appraised valuation of >$1,000,000.00. Granted, valuation is seldom at full value in California, but even then, you might not deduct all your property tax of a $2 million home!

This is a solid strike at the heart of the working class.

Last edited:
You must mean the Law was passed today. Bills carry no weight until they are law. It's a quirk of the US system.

You might want to check what Webster's says "end" means. Cut is not a synonym.
As the title says, the bill would end the $7500 EV tax credit. Not that it has passed, or that has ended. You dismissed the OP, I was clarifying why they had posted what they did.

You are also mistaken with your property tax post. Many states, like Texas, can have property taxes in excess of 4% of the value of the home, which is reassessed annually. That means any home over $250k will begin to lose a portion of the credit.

As the title says, the bill would end the $7500 EV tax credit. Not that it has passed, or that has ended. You dismissed the OP, I was clarifying why they had posted what they did.

You are also mistaken with your property tax post. Many states, like Texas, can have property taxes in excess of 4% of the value of the home, which is reassessed annually. That means any home over $250k will begin to lose a portion of the credit.

In California, we are capped at 1%.

Texas has a totally different tax structure than California, and $250k still buys a nice house. Median home value in CA are $400k, TX is $170k

Status
Not open for further replies.