Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So acknowledging that there have been governments with institutionalized racism and that still has ramifications today is… racist. Got it.
You missed the two points, but of course you did. You're so focused on your schtick you can't hear anything else. I'd suggest expanding your reading, but I know you won't since you're too bent on defending your Marxist view of the world. Which is of course why it's rarely fruitful to argue with others on the internet.

You missed the two points, but of course you did. You're so focused on your schtick you can't hear anything else. I'd suggest expanding your reading, but I know you won't since you're too bent on defending your Marxist view of the world. Which is of course why it's rarely fruitful to argue with others on the internet.
Or perhaps you made a leap to a completely unrelated argument that no one was making to paint yourself as a victim?

My point was and still is that Elon Musk benefitted from apartheid, and that coupled with his family wealth played a big part in his success. I don’t think it is wrong or racist to acknowledge that.

Or perhaps you made a leap to a completely unrelated argument that no one was making to paint yourself as a victim?

My point was and still is that Elon Musk benefitted from apartheid, and that coupled with his family wealth played a big part in his success. I don’t think it is wrong or racist to acknowledge that.
As my first post said, you're wrong as the Walter Isaacson biography detailed, but you don't care. You want to put your fingers in your ears and believe what you want to believe, which is of course your right in Free Speech America that many including Musk wish to defend. Stand on the shoulders of Musk with your Plaid if you want. We see you.

As my first post said, you're wrong as the Walter Isaacson biography detailed, but you don't care. You want to put your fingers in your ears and believe what you want to believe, which is of course your right in Free Speech America that many including Musk wish to defend. Stand on the shoulders of Musk with your Plaid if you want. We see you.
Yeah, because an author who needed access to his subject to sell his book is going to paint a negative picture. Isaacson glosses over the realities of Apartheid South Africa in his book and he did next to no verification of the information provided by Musk. It’s basically taking a narcissists statements at face value and publishing them. If you can’t see that, you’ve probably never critically read any literature in your life.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Clearly I've triggered some folks by speaking my mind on Elon. Bring on the dislikes and enjoy your 500 mile cybertrucks. Oh wait.

None of you are going to change my mind that a racist, antisemitic, anti-lgbt, anti-vaccine, anti-union billionaire is amongst the lowest scum of soci

I think's it's clear to everyone what you believe here. I live in Ohio, and do work in the Appalachia region of the country. There are a great number of people there that didn't benefit from whatever white privilege you think they have. You see the world as races and not people. That's racist. Sadly, you don't appear to recognize it.
I escaped from Appalachia, I was so lucky my dad left and joined the Army, I love the region, but the poverty is not recognized by the rest of the US. In certain areas of Ohio & West Virginia Appalachians are a protected class, due to the hardships they continue to face.

appalachia – UAB Institute for Human Rights Blog

Last edited:
I escaped from Appalachia, I was so lucky my dad left and joined the Army, I love the region, but the poverty is not recognized by the rest of the US. In certain areas of Ohio & West Virginia Appalachians are a protected class, due to the hardships they continue to face.

appalachia – UAB Institute for Human Rights Blog

I thought we were letting this conversation die.

But since no one can read, find one place where I said or implied all white people are privileged or that the Appalachian population didn't face any hardships.

Are denying that he grew up as a white person apartheid Africa? Or are you saying that conferred no privilege? Do you believe Isaacson is a truly unbiased source?

The facts are Elon musk grew up wealthy in a society that gave additional privilege to him based on his skin color. His first company was started with financial assistance from his parents, which with a bit of luck allowed him to acquire other companies and pretend to be their founders.
He was so privileged that rather than having to serve in the mandatory South African Army draft when you turned 17/18…. His family had the means and connections to fly him to Canada…. *most* fellow South Africans didn’t have that luxury

Reactions: terranx and afadeev
The news media and online manipulators have created the fantasy that Biden has lost support among young voters because of the Israel-Hamas conflict. In my opinion, Biden has lost support from not only young but all voters because Biden is too old to be President. One can only hope that someone else derails Biden in the primaries.

Now I have to be worried that my EV's may get keyed by some crazies that read social media.

Posted by former President Trump today. Now he is going after EV's

""Included also are World Leaders, both good and bad, but none of which are as evil and 'sick' as the THUGS we have inside our Country who, with their Open Borders, INFLATION, Afghanistan Surrender, Green New Scam, High Taxes, No Energy Independence, Woke Military, Russia/Ukraine, Israel/Iran, All Electric Car Lunacy, and so much more, are looking to destroy our once great USA." Trump posted "MAY THEY ROT IN HELL."
"AGAIN, MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Trump added.

Last edited:
Now I have to be worried that my EV's may get keyed by some crazies that read social media.

Posted by former President Trump today. Now he is going after EV's

""Included also are World Leaders, both good and bad, but none of which are as evil and 'sick' as the THUGS we have inside our Country who, with their Open Borders, INFLATION, Afghanistan Surrender, Green New Scam, High Taxes, No Energy Independence, Woke Military, Russia/Ukraine, Israel/Iran, All Electric Car Lunacy, and so much more, are looking to destroy our once great USA." Trump posted. "MAY THEY ROT IN HELL."
"AGAIN, MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Trump added.
Just when you think it can't get worse...

Last edited:
Elon Musk will not endorse Joe Biden for President. Subsequetially:
The FCC took away $900 million grant from SpaceX Starlink.
The DOJ is suing SpaceX for discrimination.
The EEOC is taking legal action against Tesla.
The EPA is trying to stop SpaceX launches in Texas.
The NHTSA is punishing 2 million Tesla drivers with more burdensome Autopilot dysfunctions.

There have been no such actions against other auto manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.