Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, no. People who choose good beer with flavor instead of Budwater Light are not boycotting it. That's different. Frankly, I don't think you can show any evidence of "both sides" doing any kind of boycott on Bud Light. You know what is being referred to here.
Ugh... this is frustrating. The Admins deleted my comment regarding "both sides" of this debate. Apparently it is against policy here to provide all/some of the LGBTQ+ links regarding negative feelings on the Bud Light controversy that I provided. Maybe it is just too hot right now? I duno.

So here is a link that should guide you to the sites without directly linking anything that may be offensive to someone on either side of the political fence:

Aside from the controversy, I 100% agree with not drinking Bud. If I am drinking beer, which is rare (Rum guy myself) I am not drinking Bud, Miller, or any of the like. I tried hard when I was in my early 20's to like that stuff, never could. Along those lines though, a 25%+ reduction in sales tells me that someone out there has changed their mind on what they want to drink.

Reactions: SteelClouds
I have serious doubts that even Uncle Joe, (who has proven to be formidable at generating ridiculous, stupid things), would want to somehow make it a requirement. Unless, of course, there were a few bucks in it for him. It seems a little redundant, since you could just download a free "A.M. Radio" app and run it??????

Woke Kittens.png

Elon Musk's political theatrics.
I am not asking for political comments.
Just wondering if others are getting purchase plans challenged...
I hate Musk’s political theatrics too. It was one of the reasons his sales dropped and he was forced to drastically cut his car prices… So I took advantage of it and bought a Tesla. Some of my friends said I sold out, but I really cashed in.

Simply buy this bumper sticker and attach it to your car before driving off the lot.

IMG_0855.jpeg

Elon Musk's political theatrics.
I am not asking for political comments.
Just wondering if others are getting purchase plans challenged...
Has she looked at the political positions of the CEOs of other manufacturers?

But let her think of it this way, the crazy Elon was crazy enough to prove that the rules of spaceflight were wrong and that everyone's opinions on EVs were wrong. He even saved Australia's problematic utility grid.

It sometimes takes crazy to do crazy.

Sure he does things that I don't agree with.

The far right hate BEV's.
BEV's are seen as the weapon of a "liberal" agenda, forced to buy something far more expensive than typical ICE (that's recently changing), with very short range (not true), made in China (except for small amount of batteries, false), Union-busting (nope), and spying on you and your family (new ICE cars already do that), will kill oil/gas related jobs overnight, and so on.
FUD smorgasbord!

In true Trump fashion he will latch on to any grievance he thinks will get him support, and BEV-hate is a potentially big one.

Trump's visit to Michigan auto workers (link below) is a direct assault against BEV's, and to his minions this will not only vindicate but motivate them to aggressively go after BEV's.
It may be easy to dismiss Trumps army of millions, I would not. Watch for indirect and direct attacks at any BEV, especially the most visible, Tesla.

A few months ago a previously unknown person wrote a song of angst and anger called "Rich Men North of Richmond" that exploded to the #1 song practically over night. It was a simple song blaming the "rich men", DC politicians, for the singers dire monetary and social situation. It is not the song criticizes any party or person, its the fact it gained tens of million followers practically overnight. This is a good an example as any how powerful and dangerous this group of angry (and deceived?) people are, with a handful of cases of extremists acting on revenge of perceived attacks.

If Trump keeps up the attacks, then like the Anti-COVID vaccine you will see waves of anti-BEV campaigns and even attacks happening. This is much more likely a When, not IF.

We do? I mean, they do?

I'm in deep red territory. Nobody has been hostile towards me about my EVs or solar. Usually they are curious more than anything. I give my honest opinion of the systems I have in place, and most folks here appreciate that.

If that changes, well, that will be unfortunate. For the aggressor, that is.

I have 2 friends who are strong Trump supporters. 2 months after one wife loudly stated they would never own an EV if Biden supports them they bought a Mustang Mach -E. Recently they replaced it with a brand new GT Mach-E.

The other friend has been driving a Tesla Y for 2 years now. He routinely said it’s the best car he’s ever owned.

Then there are EV haters. Loys of them. One told me their electric bill is already too high at $300/month and she couldn’t afford for it to triple. I told he FPL has a plan for $36/month for unlimited off peak charging or $39/mo to include equipment, installation, permits and unlimited off peak charging. She told me I was lying. Then she said she needs the trunk space and doesn’t want to give it up to a giant battery in the trunk and how much does it cost to replace the battery every 3 years. Ugh.

it’s a shame it’s becoming so political.

Usually no, as many supercharging spaces are not posted for EV charging only. Generally the spaces still belong to the site owner (NOT Tesla) and very few businesses are willing to tow their own customers for the sake of EV charging.

Even if they are posted EV only, inconveniencing an EV driver just doesn't equate with blocking out the handicapped. The law certainly doesn't accord them the same treatment. For example, the law enforcement officers who said they don't enforce private parking almost certainly would have been willing to write a very expensive ticket for parking in a handicapped spot... because the law calls for that.
Oh good to know! As a big MAGA dude I can now safely get all my buddies block 100% of the Woke crowd libtards Superchargers within 150 miles where I live. Thank you so much for the legal background

USA! uSA! USA! **** all foreign carmakers including Tesla!

Last edited:
Is there really no one with legacy Model X interested in this?
You are willing to work with vendors from a country that doesn’t recognize patents and copyrights, and kills its citizens to sell their organs, and is destabilizing Africa and South America, and won’t even allow Pandas to stay in the USA as a thumb in the eye to democracy.

No way I help you with this venture.

NOT INTERESTED.

What Elon was railing about is the “woke culture“ stuff. He basically said Jewish groups are more prone to supporting this, and clarified he wasn’t supporting Hitler.
That is my take too. Specifically Elon criticizing the ADL.

We already know that Elon had a spat with the ADL a few months ago and patched things up. The ADL has become very partisan in recent years constantly accusing the Right of being racists or anti-Semites over any legitimate concern on immigration and culture war stuff. All the while the ADL has been very myopic (until the Hamas atrocity and appalling pro-Hamas marches this past month) about the rise of anti-Semitism we see on the political Left (The Squad) and in Academia in major US college campuses.

The old school right-wing anti-Semites have very little power or control in our culture, government and institutions. That is not the case for the anti-Semites on the political Left who have tremendous power and influence.

• Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: madodel and Skipdd
Status
Not open for further replies.