Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] CA Current owners ONLY. Have you received your config invite yet?

As a current Tesla owner, Have you received your configuration email yet?

• Yes

Votes: 198 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 105 34.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We received our email yesterday around 2:30PM. This was curious timing. About an hour earlier I went to my Tesla on the website and checked the box for the early configurations for about the sixth time since this was available to us. After I checked our preference, the page showed a different wording--like "Your preference is saved." We have never seen this indicator before. I still received the same "November - January" status.

Coincidence? Or perhaps Tesla has a number of vehicles that have been manufactured awaiting sale and delivery arrangements, and they released a number of invitations as a Christmas present.

By the way, we received two emails about 5 minutes apart, yet we only ordered one vehicle.

We reserved online before the reveal, and we own a Model S, and we live about 150 miles from Fremont.
Also received 2 emails around the same time. Must be a glitch with Marketo.

What I want to know is whether they're going to invite all CA owners before they start sending invites outside of CA. And whether they're going to prioritize day-one CA non-owners over day-two WA owners. Or more generally, are they going to prioritize the CA region over the Owner category for other regions?

What I want to know is whether they're going to invite all CA owners before they start sending invites outside of CA. And whether they're going to prioritize day-one CA non-owners over day-two WA owners. Or more generally, are they going to prioritize the CA region over the Owner category for other regions?

All good questions. Two follow up polls would answer this question:
1. Non-California owners invited?
2. California non-owners invited?

Those two poll results over time show the rollout across the U.S. for current owners, and whether the easier shipping to in state non-owners proves too tasty for Tesla to pass up from a delivery number perspective.

Remember, Model 3 volumes will be much higher than the S and X. Whether the non-California stores will be able to handle it or need larger delivery centers created surely plays into the decision.

RT

Can confirm, non-owner, have window Dec-Feb, feel encouraged.

So a non-owner in Florida has the same window as an owner in Washington state. That surprises me. Unless they feel that in January and February they're going to fill an awful lot of the demand. Or day-one non-owners are in the same category as day-two owners and being on the west coast doesn't matter any more.

It would be nice if they'd publish their criteria, rather than just saying that location and ownership status matter.

I should really just stop thinking about it and wait for the invite. Grump!

Reactions: JenniferQ
So a non-owner in Florida has the same window as an owner in Washington state. That surprises me. Unless they feel that in January and February they're going to fill an awful lot of the demand. Or day-one non-owners are in the same category as day-two owners and being on the west coast doesn't matter any more.

It would be nice if they'd publish their criteria, rather than just saying that location and ownership status matter.

I should really just stop thinking about it and wait for the invite. Grump!
Yeah, I dunno how this will work but still feel encouraged. comment about the queue, It is already somewhat different from what was initially stated. I would not be surprised if they will open up the rest of invites based on actual queue after California is all settled.

I reserved on 3/31 but then cancelled a few months later after ordering a MS. I've since gotten back on the M3 list by putting another deposit on Oct-16.

Seems like first day reserves are still the ultimate priority signal. I've got Nov - Jan estimates but I definitely screwed myself on this one. Waiting patiently...

Does anyone know how "Hold My Place" works if you want to wait for AWD?
0E33E42A-AFF2-4DE3-889D-7331E6FAE3AA.gif

Does anyone know how "Hold My Place" works if you want to wait for AWD? Does that mean prior owners will have priority when the AWD version comes out or will they be bunched with everyone who did not purchase a RWD?

Presumably, everyone who selects "Hold my place for AWD" will remain in the same order on the list as they are now, and once AWD becomes available, they'll be invited in that same order. Anyhow, that's how I read Tesla's statement about it.

• Helpful
Reactions: EV-lutioin