Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] CA Current owners ONLY. Have you received your config invite yet?

As a current Tesla owner, Have you received your configuration email yet?

• Yes

Votes: 198 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 105 34.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. And I'd be entirely satisfied with knowing how many people are ahead of me. The MyTesla page could easily be made to do this, and as people take delivery or postpone, alter the numbers, so we could see our turn coming up.

Do the production and the delivery however they decide is best for the company. I want them to succeed as much as we all do, and if delaying my order for a year would be best for Tesla, then do it. But give us information. It's not knowing that is unbearable. I know I'm not going to get my car in December. So why does my delivery estimate still say Dec - Feb?

The less Tesla has to adjust that windows on the estimate page, the less open they are to unnecessary FUD from the bears. Tesla needs that flexibility so they're not wasting time constantly battling impatient complainers (not accusing you).

Be patient. We'll all get there.

I could be wrong, but it looks like the latest invites were sent on 12/22.

That fits well with the speculation that they're trying to deliver as many as they can before the end of 2017. If that's their intention, there's no point in sending out invitations they cannot deliver until January.

I wonder if the percentage is now more a factor of people who aren’t checking back in as it seems like almost every CA owner who is active on the threads has gotten an invite at least.

No, according to the poll, 55% have gotten their invite, 45% have not, as of this writing (5:32 a.m. PST).

My hope is that after the New Year, they will expand to owners on the west coast. Either that, or ramp up production so that deliveries can really take off.

No, according to the poll, 55% have gotten their invite, 45% have not, as of this writing (5:32 a.m. PST).
Why do you believe the poll is accurate? Certainly some people responded no, then didn't update to yes when they got their invite. Others, like me, responded to the thread and ignored the poll. I did the poll after I took delivery. The only thing I believe about the poll is that most people who responded yes actually got an invite.

Current S owner
Requested first production
Reserved- 10/21/2017 ( I know rookie move- it was my daughter)
No configuration email or VIN
Rocklin CA - 70 miles from plant

I think I will get invite in 90 days after they open more states. If you can afford it get the bigger battery daily you set charging to about 80% so on the small battery this is only 175 mi/ if you drive like me that will actually be just over 100. The PUP also has all the cool Tesla items- glass roof- cool wood- power seats with memory and profiles- better stereo etc- with this stuff gets close to an S without it the 3 may not meet expectations. Get the full tax credit.

Reactions: Pkmmte and navguy12
I didn't receive an invite to configure but I logged in to My Tesla 2 days ago to order snow chains and the configurator was available. I checked maybe a week or two ago when my co-worker told me they ordered their M3 and it was not available for me at the time.

Current X owner - took delivery in Sept 2017
M3 Reserved online on 1st day in the evening

The question is how many of these 113 NOs are first day reservers. 100% of the YESs are first day. I reserved dec 2016.

The interesting thing will be how tesla moves forward. My take is that there has to be less than 10k California owners who hold a reservation, and possibly more than half are looking for not first production cars. So can they run through that list in the first 5k or so cars before they invite outside California?

Combine that with the tesla delivery estimate window as always being in the early group (currently nov-jan), as a northern California owner, reserved in Dec 2016, My guess is I get my invite before outside California Owners, and before first day nonowners.

Current S owner
Requested first production
Reserved- 10/21/2017 ( I know rookie move- it was my daughter)
No configuration email or VIN
Rocklin CA - 70 miles from plant

Non-day-1 reserve (Oct-16) + Current Owner + CA Resident (30 Miles from factory) here as well. Still no dice on the invite. Aside from a few edge cases, so far I've only seen Day-1 reserve + Current Owner + CA getting their invites.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor