Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] Do you care about Telsa's headliner material change?

How do you feel about the changed headliner (+more?) from ultra-suede/Alcantara to "premium" cloth?

• Very upset! I want what was originally expected

Votes: 103 23.8%
  • Unhappy, but the premium textile is acceptable

Votes: 72 16.7%
  • Happy, I prefer the new premium textile

Votes: 28 6.5%
  • Couldn't care less

Votes: 229 53.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't show me one thing and deliver another. I don't care if you think it's superior or not. Deliver what you've shown the world, or be transparent about a pending "improvement" to your customers. Don't act like act like your customer's loyalty is a "god given right", because the rest of the world who aren't EV zealots, won't put up with it.

don't care about the material - just care about not knowing what it looks like, because all the tesla press and website still shows the old stuff. (hey, does that count as asking for an extra poll choice!)
Sounds like the showroom cars are the new materials so this will all blow over when we can all prod and stroke as much as we want.

don't care about the material - just care about not knowing what it looks like, because all the tesla press and website still shows the old stuff. (hey, does that count as asking for an extra poll choice!)
Sounds like the showroom cars are the new materials so this will all blow over when we can all prod and stroke as much as we want.
Don't worry. Just trust that Tesla will do it right.

somewhere between "Unhappy, but the premium textile is acceptable" and "couldn't care less" maybe near the right arrow on Care Chart.jpg

Reactions: landis
I'm with the majority on the poll (as of this writing): I prefer cloth. As for whether Tesla has the right to make changes, yes, they do. This is a car that's essentially in beta testing, with early buyers as the testers, and it's to be expected that changes will be made. Unless your contract promises a feature, Tesla can make any changes it likes, and you are free to decline to accept the car. I can just about guarantee they will continue to make changes, because Tesla makes a point of being flexible. The software is constantly being changed after the sale via OTA updates, and the hardware will be changed as Tesla feels changes are needed. If they had to keep the car exactly the same as the first display unit it would not be as good a car.

Other car companies make changes once a year. Tesla makes changes whenever an improvement is available. No matter what they change, some folks won't like it. Well, they can cancel their reservation, or if they already have their car, apparently they can still get a bit more than they paid for it.

Honestly, I'm surprised that people are complaining about not getting fake leather in their car. o_O