Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On non-FSD Beta builds the "FSD Visualization Preview" feature still exists doesn't it? Except all it does is show traffic cones and garbage cans, not the full FSD visualization.

I remember when we were all so excited about that LOL.

I wonder if Tesla would consider enabling the full FSD visualization on all cars as a way to advertise FSD a little. Effectively free for them to do.

So maybe we will get V12 visualizations if it comes in too hot.

Lol. Except... V12 is end to end AI so it doesn't have anything to visualize other than the cars planned path 🤨. I wonder if the current perception stack will stick around forever just for the sake of a visualization (and I guess AEB and other active safety features may remain not end to end AI for a while)

Reactions: legendsk
On non-FSD Beta builds the "FSD Visualization Preview" feature still exists doesn't it? Except all it does is show traffic cones and garbage cans, not the full FSD visualization.

I remember when we were all so excited about that LOL.

I wonder if Tesla would consider enabling the full FSD visualization on all cars as a way to advertise FSD a little. Effectively free for them to do.

Lol. Except... V12 is end to end AI so it doesn't have anything to visualize other than the cars planned path 🤨. I wonder if the current perception stack will stick around forever just for the sake of a visualization (and I guess AEB and other active safety features may remain not end to end AI for a while)
It remains to be seen what visualizations will be included with V12. The live stream demo seemed to be similar to V11. Peersonally, with the exception of seeing upcoming intent to change lanes, I find the visualization little more than eye candy. It might be more useful if it showed traffic further behind my car. In any critical situation, the visualization is not what I'm looking at!

Agreed, the visualization isn't super useful while driving.

It might be more useful if it showed traffic further behind my car

I know! The visualization mostly shows what I can see right out the windshield! Lol! It could actually be useful to have a better rear view and blindspot visualization.

That said, I find if fascinating to watch the visualization in videos to see in retrospect what the car was planning and seeing. That may not hold so much in V12 if the visualization isn't actually visualizing something that's an input to the driving decisions.

I’d rather the visualization disappear altogether when some low speed is reached, say 10mph, then reappear below that for parking, turning around, etc. At speed, visualization is pretty unnecessary, IMO. I’d like to better see whatever else is on screen take over the precious real estate occupied by the meh visualization.

At speed, visualization is pretty unnecessary, IMO.
I use it to aid my situational awareness, particularly on roads with many lanes. I don't have to worry about pillars being in the way, turning my head this way or that, etc. I do wish that it was designed more for function and less for marketing glitz. Just a top down view with vehicles as boxes. Include all known vehicles, particularly the ones behind me.

Now that I think about it, I can well imagine that rearward vehicles aren't included for fear that a driver would make lane change decisions based on that information - and it could be wrong. Lawsuits.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I use it to aid my situational awareness, particularly on roads with many lanes. I don't have to worry about pillars being in the way, turning my head this way or that, etc. I do wish that it was designed more for function and less for marketing glitz. Just a top down view with vehicles as boxes. Include all known vehicles, particularly the ones behind me.

Now that I think about it, I can well imagine that rearward vehicles aren't included for fear that a driver would make lane change decisions based on that information - and it could be wrong. Lawsuits.
The blind spot indicator now on the Highlands is all based on vision. I don't think that's the reason.

Reactions: JB47394
With the most recent recall. Will Tesla be releasing only V11 updates for the next couple of years? With the most recent update, I noticed that if I pass a vehicle with blinkers on, the car will disengage cruise control and go into full regen.

With the most recent recall. Will Tesla be releasing only V11 updates for the next couple of years? With the most recent update, I noticed that if I pass a vehicle with blinkers on, the car will disengage cruise control and go into full regen.
What? Can others confirm that while on AP or FSD Beta and coming up on a car in an adjacent lane with their blinkers on, the ADAS feature disengages? Is there warning / red-wheel-of-death?

What? Can others confirm that while on AP or FSD Beta and coming up on a car in an adjacent lane with their blinkers on, the ADAS feature disengages? Is there warning / red-wheel-of-death?
FSD does not disengage for me in such situation. On 11.4.8.1, it would slow down to let the other car change lanes. This is a bit annoying when the other driver of the other car just forgot to turn off his blinker. I haven't had this scenario yet on 11.4.9.