Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know what I WAS also a Porsche fan. I had a Porsche Cayman S parked side by side with a Model S in my garage for two years. One is a version of a half century old design. The other is a modern vehicle that will be followed by everyone in the next half century. If Porsche wants to stay the easy and safe way and keep the 20th century "heritage" it's its choice. I want no part of it though.

If you think a car with the same old tired look, mediocre acceleration (and for heaven's sake that is a Porsche?) and without any of the modern technology is an upmarket car only because you can charge for more there is a logic I just can't comprehend.
Tired look? That’s pretty subjective and you are entitled to your tastes. Porsche’s weren’t built for acceleration they are built for grand touring and the track.

Thats like saying Porsche can’t build targa’s and convertibles without them being great handling. Being high up means little when you are sideways against a tree.
If you could post where the Saturn failed the safety compliance I’d love to see it.
Porsche also cares about the sales projections, period, and that means building for the masses.

The BMW i3 has those suicide style doors and does very well in side crash and crash testing in general.

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Tired look? That’s pretty subjective and you are entitled to your tastes. Porsche’s weren’t built for acceleration they are built for grand touring and the track.

The car is not tired and dated? I wanted a car like that when I was a kid. I don't want to still drive a car like that when I die. Life is too short for that. You do whatever you want.

Reactions: jgs
The car is not tired and dated? I wanted a car like that when I was a kid. I don't want to still drive a car like that when I die. Life is too short for that. You do whatever you want.
The 911's look hasn't changed much in over 55 years. That may count as "tired and dated" to you, but it doesn't seem to bother most Porsche buyers.

(Edit - yes, I know we're talking about the Panamera, not the 911, but the point still applies. Especially since the Panamera looks a lot like a 4-door 911. ;))

Last edited:
Well, if you were a kid when the Panamera was introduced that explains a lot. :p That was in 2009, which, incidentally, is also the year when the prototype of the Model S was presented (almost exactly 10 years ago today).

Well, if you were a kid when the Panamera was introduced that explains a lot. :p That was in 2009, which, incidentally, is also the year when the prototype of the Model S was presented (almost exactly 10 years ago today).

That's was 911 of course. What kind of kid you think I was that I would want a Panamera? Panamera is a hilarious looking sedan trying to keep the Porsche/911 look and at the same time to seat 4 adults relatively comfortably. Like the saying goes the camel is a horse designed by a committee. To be truthful Mission E is just a teaser. That car is impossibly to do in practice for obvious reasons. On the other hand there are many practical yet pretty sleek looking sports sedans from Merc, Audi, BMW, Maseratti and yes Tesla when they don't have to remind you of a 911. Porsche got its hands tied. Or so they think.

The 911's look hasn't changed much in over 55 years. That may count as "tired and dated" to you, but it doesn't seem to bother most Porsche buyers.

(Edit - yes, I know we're talking about the Panamera, not the 911, but the point still applies. Especially since the Panamera looks a lot like a 4-door 911. ;))

Hehe exactly.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
That's was 911 of course. What kind of kid you think I was that I would want a Panamera?
Judging from your postings here I wouldn't rule out anything. :p
Panamera is a hilarious looking sedan trying to keep the Porsche/911 look and at the same time to seat 4 adults relatively comfortably.
Doesn't really make much sense to argue over personal taste. But your 911 comment makes zero sense. Panamera and 911 have very little in common. Porsche simply has its own design language like most other car makers, that's all.
To be truthful Mission E is just a teaser. That car is impossibly to do in practice for obvious reasons. On the other hand there are many practical yet pretty sleek looking sports sedans from Merc, Audi, BMW, Maseratti and yes Tesla when they don't have to remind you of a 911. Porsche got its hands tied.
The Taycan looks nothing like a 911. Besides, people who don't like the looks always have the choice to get the E-tron GT, which is based on the same platform. Choice is good.

Judging from your postings here I wouldn't rule out anything. :p
Doesn't really make much sense to argue over personal taste. But your 911 comment makes zero sense. Panamera and 911 have very little in common. Porsche simply has its own design language like most other car makers, that's all.
The Taycan looks nothing like a 911. Besides, people who don't like the looks always have the choice to get the E-tron GT, which is based on the same platform. Choice is good.

Whatever design language that is Panamera is just not a good looking sedan. Sorry.

The 911's look hasn't changed much in over 55 years. That may count as "tired and dated" to you, but it doesn't seem to bother most Porsche buyers. (Edit - yes, I know we're talking about the Panamera, not the 911, but the point still applies. Especially since the Panamera looks a lot like a 4-door 911. ;))

That's was 911 of course. What kind of kid you think I was that I would want a Panamera? Panamera is a hilarious looking sedan trying to keep the Porsche/911 look and at the same time to seat 4 adults relatively comfortably. Like the saying goes the camel is a horse designed by a committee. To be truthful Mission E is just a teaser. That car is impossibly to do in practice for obvious reasons. On the other hand there are many practical yet pretty sleek looking sports sedans from Merc, Audi, BMW, Maseratti and yes Tesla when they don't have to remind you of a 911. Porsche got its hands tied. Or so they think. Hehe exactly.

Judging from your postings here I wouldn't rule out anything. :p Doesn't really make much sense to argue over personal taste. But your 911 comment makes zero sense. Panamera and 911 have very little in common. Porsche simply has its own design language like most other car makers, that's all. The Taycan looks nothing like a 911. Besides, people who don't like the looks always have the choice to get the E-tron GT, which is based on the same platform. Choice is good.

Bottom line the Panamera is the ugly stepchild of the Porsche line... so sad that they tried to incorporate a few 911 design elements and ended up with a Franken-design. Let's hope that the Taycan turns out to be more 911 and less Panamera heritage... :cool:

Porsche CEO Finally Admits The Panamera Doesn't Look That Great

rc7mkkmkly9gu2vfngvd.jpg