Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, what's with the exhaust pipes?

Also, why did they delete the suicide doors that the concept had?

With the side impact safety standards the way they are suicide doors are difficult to do safely on modern cars. Most suicide door cars in the past didn't have a B pillar. I believe the Mission E concept didn't either. Most modern production suicide doors are very small moving the C pillar forward to offer some support for the missing B pillar.

Opening the back doors on suicide door cars into traffic is more dangerous also. If a car hits the door, the passenger getting out of the car could get crushed by the door whereas a normal back door will fold forward with less risk to the passenger.

Yeah, what's with the exhaust pipes?

Also, why did they delete the suicide doors that the concept had?
A couple of articles indicated the suicide doors will not be present on the production model. Not really surprised since they're not that practical. Although I do love the looks. However, if the Taycan ends up looking like that mule, I'm gonna cancel my deposit.

Is this the actual car that will be produced? There were people who really didn’t like the looks of the Model 3 (with it’s “duck bill”) or even the refreshed Model S (front view) and can’t imagine what they think of the front and rear of the Porsche shown in those photos. A side view would definitely be my favorite side. Whenever I look at the front shot I think the car has this big Joker kind of grin. Not sure what the rear view image evokes. Space ship or something, kind of jarring. Not sure if the spec sheet above (comparing it to the Model S) is correct but with a huge hip area like that surprised that it will only seat 2 in the back.

The concept car was shown at Pebble... not a chance that it will make it to production with the unique design features :cool:

Reactions: SMAlset

Glad to see they stay to their design DNA. Looks like a Porsche and thats clearly a good thing. Nothing too futuristic but just a clear sports cars design. Good stuff. I like it although I won't buy it.

Now I look forward if they can bring good specs out that prove to be true and assure a good charging infrastructure.

These two are much harder to accomplish than the design part...

PorscheTaycan_red_rear.jpg
I'm liking the red and yellow renders:
PorscheTaycan_red_front.jpg
PorscheTaycan_yellow_front.jpg
PorscheTaycan_yellow_rear.jpg

More information about pricing... Porsche Taycan to be priced between Cayenne and Panamera (~$75,000), says program director

In the US, a Cayenne starts at about $62,000 and a Panamera start at around $85,000 before taxes. Therefore, it would be fair to say that the vehicle will start at around $75,000, which is actually in line with previously unconfirmed leaks. It could also inch its way to right under $85,000 without him being wrong. That said, $75,000 would be for the very base model of the Taycan. Porsche is expected to produce the all-electric vehicle in different performance trim and Porsche Chief Financial Officer Lutz Meschke said the top version could be priced up to 200,000 euros ($230,000 USD). Porsche is notorious for upselling on premium features its high-end clientele expect.

Those are pretty good looking renders. I bet the final version is pretty close to those, but obviously, they aren't going to look as dramatic with real world lighting.

Given what we know so far, I am guessing the base price is probably just under $80,000. The base version likely has around 400 hp and well under 200 miles of range with a 0-60 time around 4.5 seconds. It will lose efficiency due to having two permanent magnet motors... neither motor can torque sleep. The base version probably has 150 kW DCFC. Probably can be optioned up beyond $100,000 pretty easily. There might be a total of 3 variants, with the top end variant getting 0-60 in under 3 seconds. That one will have 220-250 kW charging with like 230-250 miles of EPA range. Price likely starts around $150,000. I would guess that the mid level variant would be $115,000 with 0-60 in the 3.7 kind of range, maybe 200-220 miles of range.

Really, range isn't an issue with this car. No one is really road tripping this vehicle. It's a sports car with bragging rights. It just needs enough energy to run around a track for a little bit.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
From where I sit… If those renderings are accurate, then they've toned down those striking Mission-E curves, and the result looks much more like, well… a normal sedan. Still a good looking sedan, but not in the dramatic way that it was before, and no longer clearly better looking than the Model S. It would mean they've sacrificed the one element that, to me, was a clear advantage for this vehicle.