Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But did Toyota require you to put down a $5,000 deposit two years prior to that vehicle's release, and then give you a reservation number that strongly implied you'd get your car in order of when you reserved it? I'm very annoyed that I got suckered into giving a $5,000 deposit two years ago, only to discover that I could have just waited until December 2015 to make a Production reservation, configured a P90D, and gotten my car in early 2016. We're so close to cancelling it's not even funny.

I can understand the annoyance, but the circumstances seem rather predictable.

We saw the 2nd row seats move individually at the X Event.

My question is WHY doesn't Tesla Motors just put the Model S style bench seats in a FIVE seat bench version so they can FOLD? Since there is NO reason to climb behind the second row, why not have it like Model S?

I realize that the second row seats in Model X are more comfortable than Model S, but I bet a lot of buyers would love to trade some comfort for those old folding seats! For those who want extra cargo with all five seats occupied, then the existing five seat design does make sense.

+1 to 5 seat Folding BENCH version. Put the seats where they can attach to the body and the seat belts are anchored to the frame. Not only would it be way cheaper to produce you'd get lots of leg room at the expense of power adjusting seats.

"charger" EASTER EGG to get $1,000 High Amperage Charger Upgrade 72 AMPS!! :)

There was a post upthread somewhere. I'll call the configuration line now to try to add it to my order.

You're not going to believe this!!! (Well, it's Tesla with Spinal Tap to 11 volume so you will...)

I just called the production configuration hotline. There is an Easter Egg hidden in the production configurator!!

"We are still recommending the 48 amps a/c charger so we hid the High Amperage Charger Upgrade option.

Just type "charger" (no quotes) and it automagically appears:"

charger Easter Egg.JPG

This just made my day. I'm on a Teslarian high since it will make a big difference when destination charging.

-Russ

Last edited:
I agree, want the LED but don't want to spend 4500 for unrelated items. Wonder why they combined packages the way they did, especially for unrelated items

No different from what they do with the Model S, unless someone can explain to me how the power liftgate is related to interior lighting...

I agree, very annoying. It's like cable. Pay for the home shopping network so you can get comedy central.

Type it where?

Just type it anywhere inside your configurator webpage. There are no text input fields on that page, it's all point-and-click. Therefore, the character input processor has been programmed to recognize charger and add the option box for you to select at the bottom.

It does seem very strange they would hide an option like this. It doesn't state that it will delay your vehicle, so why would they care if some people add the option that will never use it? (Do destination charging or have an HPWC at home or work.)

Last edited:
Just type it anywhere inside your configurator webpage. There are no text input fields on that page, it's all point-and-click. Therefore, the character input processor has been programmed to recognize charger and add the option box for you to select at the bottom.

It does seem very strange they would hide an option like this. It doesn't state that it will delay your vehicle, so why would they care if some people add the option that will never use it? (Do destination charging.)

That is strange. But it's not just about destination charging. I sprung for an HPWC on a 100A circuit in my garage for our S85 with twin chargers, and I'd like to take advantage of it at home. I don't like to keep the car fully charged up but don't want to wait longer than necessary if I need to make a sudden trip, or a quick turnaround between trips.

It does seem very strange they would hide an option like this. It doesn't state that it will delay your vehicle, so why would they care if some people add the option that will never use it? (Do destination charging or have an HPWC at home or work.)

They really, really do not want people to configure 72amp... Why, why, why?!?

Probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway:

Is battery life affected charging with a 72 amp vs. 48 amp charger using an HPWC?

I doubt there is any appreciable effect. If there was an issue, it would have been noted in the Model S, which has 40 amp or 80 amp charging. The standard AC wall connectors push far less electrical energy than the Superchargers, which also have little noticeable effect on battery health.

If you do not care about the self opening front door, would probably shut that off most of the time it seems like $4500 to get some led lighting and hepa bio defense filtration. What am I missing.

They don't tell you this but if you don't choose this you wont have chrome accents on the lower front lights. I get this info from looking at how it works with the latest Titanium & Royal Blue & other latest Model S. (I asked a Tesla Associate why some cars don't have the chrome & was told it's because they don't have the lighting package).

You've been warned. :smile:

I want my door to open for me. I'm going to call it my invisible Smithers (<--butlers name)