Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased 60kwh model s, received 40kwh!!! Upgrade help???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see no logical reason for Tesla Motors to unlock 40's in the future "just because".

If I were a 40 owner who ponied up $10k for the unlock, only to have all 40s unlocked sometime down the road, I'd be MIGHTY pissed off -- to the tune of $10k I'd demand back from Tesla (maybe less a minor pro-rated fee for use during the interim period).

I see no logical reason for Tesla Motors to unlock 40's in the future "just because".

If I were a 40 owner who ponied up $10k for the unlock, only to have all 40s unlocked sometime down the road, I'd be MIGHTY pissed off -- to the tune of $10k I'd demand back from Tesla (maybe less a minor pro-rated fee for use during the interim period).

I've yet to find or hear of any 40 owners who have 'upgraded' to a 60. I have >50k miles on my 40... Tesla won't pro-rate and at $11k; the math doesn't make sense.

Though I expect if they offered SuperCharging ($2500) without having to upgrade (e.g.), many 40 owners would opt for it

I'm a little confused on this story. It should have been immediately obvious that the car was a 40 and not a 60 from more than one sign.

Badge. Dash. 17" screen info. Miles of range. VIN. Etc.

For 2013 Manheim only differentiated performance and non performance.

Seller would have to list all the details and buyer was not careful to look up details not listed.

This happens when ppl are buying things they don't know about and not many ppl. Know about tesla or even that a 40 model existed.

For 2013 Manheim only differentiated performance and non performance.

Seller would have to list all the details and buyer was not careful to look up details not listed.

This happens when ppl are buying things they don't know about and not many ppl. Know about tesla or even that a 40 model existed.
The battery size is hardly a "detail". Sounds like the OP didn't have a clue about what he was buying. Take some time, learn about the car and various choices, visit the gallery at NorthPark, then decide among the CPOs and a new 70.

The battery size is hardly a "detail". Sounds like the OP didn't have a clue about what he was buying. Take some time, learn about the car and various choices, visit the gallery at NorthPark, then decide among the CPOs and a new 70.

Good advice. Just a point of information - the OP did not purchase vehicle. Client/friend who is a dealer purchased on his behalf.

The 'deadline' passed 4-1/2 hours ago. Sad story, hope it had a good outcome.

The vehicle should have been sold with some kind of condition report. If the vehicle did not match the condition report, there is an arbitration process that can be pursued; unless the vehicle was sold under a 'redlight' condition. This also assumes that you or the dealer inspected the vehicle after taking delivery. I *think* Manheim/OVE gives you two days to make sure the vehicle matches the condition report.