Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pyro Fuse Fuss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: after taking my car in for my infotainment upgrade and after denying the pyro fuse service twice they still tried sneaking the replacement on the service visit for $1,200.

Did your contact ever tell you anything?

Attachments

• IMG_4969.png
    IMG_4969.png
    383.9 KB · Views: 156
Update: after taking my car in for my infotainment upgrade and after denying the pyro fuse service twice they still tried sneaking the replacement on the service visit for $1,200.

Did your contact ever tell you anything?
My MCU2 upgrade was the best sub $2k I've spent on the car. Many advantages for cost of a new computer. However, post installation issues starting with post #8 (my remedy in post #12) here Getting MCU2 upgrade and post slacker issues here Slacker - positive experience

My MCU2 upgrade was the best sub $2k I've spent on the car. Many advantages for cost of a new computer. However, post installation issues starting with post #8 (my remedy in post #12) here Getting MCU2 upgrade and post slacker issues here Slacker - positive experience
I still think it’s too expensive. My mcu1 still works great and I get fm radio. This might vary for those without lte

Reactions: Scotland41
The only reason I did this was to “future proof” the car since I have FUSC.

Soon I will sell my Tesla Model Y 2021 and never go to a Tesla service center again.
They can’t remove free supercharging without you selling the car to a dealer. I’m sure they will try at some point though to force mcu2 upgrade on older s owners to “retain” free supercharging

I got the “battery fuse requires replacement soon” warning tonight. It is a Jan 22, 2017 build one owner S90d. Our car has about 66,000 miles. I just read all posts in this thread. Next week I need the car to trip with, about 1500 miles.

Is it safe for me to do this traveling in my Tesla without the car conking out on me? or should I drive my Ford F150 Lightning despite the challenges of keeping it charged.

Has anyone gotten this repaired by a Ranger? Sounds like a big expense.

This comes 8 months after my front suspension forelink broke. Tesla didn’t pay the $1700 that repair cost me. Despite over 400 others who had that happen, NHTSA has not ordered a recall on that even though China did do a recall for this same problem for MS cars sold there but made along side my car in CA. I think I am about ready to cancel my low number first week Cybertruck reservation. I get the feeling that as far as Tesla is concerned, the customer is just a mark, ready to be fleeced.

Reactions: tesluv108
I got the “battery fuse requires replacement soon” warning tonight. It is a Jan 22, 2017 build one owner S90d. Our car has about 66,000 miles. I just read all posts in this thread. Next week I need the car to trip with, about 1500 miles.

Is it safe for me to do this traveling in my Tesla without the car conking out on me? or should I drive my Ford F150 Lightning despite the challenges of keeping it charged.

Has anyone gotten this repaired by a Ranger? Sounds like a big expense.

This comes 8 months after my front suspension forelink broke. Tesla didn’t pay the $1700 that repair cost me. Despite over 400 others who had that happen, NHTSA has not ordered a recall on that even though China did do a recall for this same problem for MS cars sold there but made along side my car in CA. I think I am about ready to cancel my low number first week Cybertruck reservation. I get the feeling that as far as Tesla is concerned, the customer is just a mark, ready to be fleeced.
I'd ask your Tesla Service Center (via app for documentation) if ok to drive. If they say OK, liability is on them.

• Funny
Reactions: geordi