Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s junk. Here is a HGV alongside me. What the picture doesn’t capture is that it was flickering on and off, i.e. appearing and disappearing every few seconds. What the picture also doesn’t capture is that said HGV was actually a McDonalds restaurant, that (surprisingly) was not popping in and out of existence but was actually stationary as I sat in the drive thru queue. It also wasn’t touching my car.

They’ve got an upcoming fix for this. I’m just not sure you’re going to like it…

• Funny
Reactions: MashinBenzin
They’ve got an upcoming fix for this. I’m just not sure you’re going to like it…

Profit gouging clowns.

(You’re right, I didn’t 😂)

• Funny
Reactions: Toblerone
Have a wireless game controllers with a usb dongle and seems to need USB 2.0 and tried the centre console USB C sockets with a hub to find not working and then tried a USB 2.0 hub in the glove box to find needs USB 3.0 to record clips in sentry mode. Now have a USB 3.0 hub daisy chained to the USB 2.0 hub to have Sentry mode and game controller working together. Lots of wires in glovebox and looking for less wires. Assume I'm missing an easy path and could use a bluetooth controller and pair to the car? Your recommendation most appreciated. Thanks.

I’m occasionally finding myself going a bit quick due to the car’s performance and lack of engine noise feedback, so because the car doesn’t have a speed limiter I activated the speed warning option. However, I’ve never been able to hear the warning sound when travelling above the set speed threshold. Anyone been able to get this working?

I’m occasionally finding myself going a bit quick due to the car’s performance and lack of engine noise feedback, so because the car doesn’t have a speed limiter I activated the speed warning option. However, I’ve never been able to hear the warning sound when travelling above the set speed threshold. Anyone been able to get this working?
Yes can be a very dangerous car to drive with its sudden acceleration can catch un-aware the slow fuel cars as we pass. I'm now being more aware of the difference in acceleration and more careful to be within the reaction times of the slower cars.

Yes can be a very dangerous car to drive with its sudden acceleration can catch un-aware the slow fuel cars as we pass. I'm now being more aware of the difference in acceleration and more careful to be within the reaction times of the slower cars.
By slow fuel cars, assume you mean people driving normally. These aren’t the first quick cars to be manufactured, and responsibility has always been part of driving a car that’s quicker than the average. Fuel cars can be plenty quick enough.

Reactions: EV-Head
Minor adjustment to the headlight sorted this morning. Today was a good day for the auto wipers, they did great. Car got upset when I joined the A71 and fired off a lane departure warning which was amusing - it has been surprisingly nag free up 'til then.

Took some rougher roads today getting to and from the SC and can confirm the ride is firm but not harsh or unsettled. It just feels great to drive, reminds me why I bought the thing.

Charger Settings: For day-to-day driving is it still recommended to have an 80% charge limit? The user manual only references LFP battery recommendations
Tesla recommends 90% but the lower the better. Keeping out of 0-20 and 80-100 range is good practice, 0-30 and 70-100 even better but not always practical and it isn't going to make a big difference to your long term range, just a few miles.

Picked up my black MY at the end of September and loving it. Did the first EAP drive around the M25 and then onto A-roads. All I had to do was signal occasionally - pretty amazing really. Took a bit of getting used to not turning the wheel too hard when changing lanes. the stop start in traffic isn't great, feels quite jerky, not sure if you can dial that down any.

A couple of little squeaks/rattles which I'll likely get round to booking in but other than that - happy with the quality.

I had an XPel stealth wrap put on it pretty much straight from pickup, photo below.

IMG_6509 (1).jpeg

After being so positive, I now have a story of complete despair. Long story coming up…!

Collected MY just over a week ago (24th), all going well, one small paint issue which is booked in to be repaired. However, car disappeared from the app on Tuesday night and I couldn’t access it at all by key card or phone.I couldn’t get in the car or get it to respond at all. I contacted Tesla who said that they'd send a mobile team down but then later in the day told me they were going to send somebody to recover the car. Fast forward to the end of the day and a flatbed arrives however of course they cannot access the car and therefore it cannot be put onto the truck. I had parked my car against the wall of my house up the drive which meant that it was impossible to get on skids!! 24 hours later, after many visits from the recovery company, they bring a robot which is able to remove cars from tight spots that cannot be driven forward. It took over three hours today for my car to be recovered. The car is still dead, They managed to get into the car by putting a battery pack on the 12v at the front, but the car drained two packs very quickly and wouldn’t turn on. The screen came up very briefly with a whole list of significant errors. Quite simply, it seems very broken!

I’m waiting on a loan car, apparently I’m “in a queue”. After such a long wait, I’m mostly devastated but now very worried things will get worse from here. What if it is one of those cars with a problem that goes on forever!? So, I’m now questioning my options (emotional response!)…can I return the car? How!? Does anyone know of a customer services number I can contact, I only found the breakdown number.

Before Tuesday I was over the moon - fab car! But the reality of being completely locked out and unable to move it without a robot to help has really brought me back down to earth with the biggest bang.

After being so positive, I now have a story of complete despair. Long story coming up…!

Collected MY just over a week ago (24th), all going well, one small paint issue which is booked in to be repaired. However, car disappeared from the app on Tuesday night and I couldn’t access it at all by key card or phone.I couldn’t get in the car or get it to respond at all. I contacted Tesla who said that they'd send a mobile team down but then later in the day told me they were going to send somebody to recover the car. Fast forward to the end of the day and a flatbed arrives however of course they cannot access the car and therefore it cannot be put onto the truck. I had parked my car against the wall of my house up the drive which meant that it was impossible to get on skids!! 24 hours later, after many visits from the recovery company, they bring a robot which is able to remove cars from tight spots that cannot be driven forward. It took over three hours today for my car to be recovered. The car is still dead, They managed to get into the car by putting a battery pack on the 12v at the front, but the car drained two packs very quickly and wouldn’t turn on. The screen came up very briefly with a whole list of significant errors. Quite simply, it seems very broken!

I’m waiting on a loan car, apparently I’m “in a queue”. After such a long wait, I’m mostly devastated but now very worried things will get worse from here. What if it is one of those cars with a problem that goes on forever!? So, I’m now questioning my options (emotional response!)…can I return the car? How!? Does anyone know of a customer services number I can contact, I only found the breakdown number.

Before Tuesday I was over the moon - fab car! But the reality of being completely locked out and unable to move it without a robot to help has really brought me back down to earth with the biggest bang.

Hey man, sorry to hear you’ve had trouble like this. Hopefully Tesla will get things sorted quickly for you. I’m sure when you get your car back it’ll be all sorted and you can put this experience behind you!

Keep the faith!

Sorry to hear about your experience. It is concerning as could happen to any of us. If purchased on finance you may want to approach Financial Ombudsman to discuss your options.

Picked up my black MY at the end of September and loving it. Did the first EAP drive around the M25 and then onto A-roads. All I had to do was signal occasionally - pretty amazing really. Took a bit of getting used to not turning the wheel too hard when changing lanes. the stop start in traffic isn't great, feels quite jerky, not sure if you can dial that down any.

A couple of little squeaks/rattles which I'll likely get round to booking in but other than that - happy with the quality.

I had an XPel stealth wrap put on it pretty much straight from pickup, photo below.

View attachment 860758
Wow. Great looking car that one buddy

My MSM / 20s MY is going in for a full new-car prep and ceramics on Sunday. Poor thing has ben grubby since collection. Will share results

@pdf_uk - Is that a performance badge i'm seeing - if so, hmmm, those in the know, know :)
Well, if a performance badge has a red underline, then it is not. 😉

Maybe it should be used to indicate Acceleration Boost?!

I have a similar badge ready to put on, as I’m intending to also de-chrome the T logos.

I may just run without the dual motor - hope people ‘in the know’ don’t think it’s a standard range… 🙄