Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, can't say I'm too fussed to be honest! Seats are fine for me!
Anyone thought about chipping-in with a verdict on the White Premium Interior Seats (My Spec) Personally I find them very Supportive, look great and very comfortable (great for a bad back!) Not to disimilar, me thinks, from my last cars, exalted, seats Volvo XC40. Just have to be aware of the clothing/colour you chose to wear! (for me thats a defo NO-NO to Indigo jeans in the wet, for now :eek:)

Anyone thought about chipping-in with a verdict on the White Premium Interior Seats (My Spec) Personally I find them very Supportive, look great and very comfortable (great for a bad back!) Not to disimilar, me thinks, from my last cars, exalted, seats Volvo XC40. Just have to be aware of the clothing/colour you chose to wear! (for me thats a defo NO-NO to Indigo jeans in the wet, for now :eek:)
You will have to dig out the white jeans for the foreseeable future then 😉

I thought the white seats were supposedly very hard wearing and not subject to dyeing?
They very much are hard wearing and I`ve also had them `treated` along with the carpets when at the detailers. But being as I`ve parted with my White Jeans ;) some time ago now, I just didn`t want to push my luck at the mo` FYI, I do have a selection of suitable `cleaners` should the need arise 😬

HA, problem with that is if I was to put on some White Jeans, trainers, bomber jacket and T shirt........nobody would see me sitting in my car when cruising........can`t be doing with that eh! 😇🤣
1666442981817.gif

Which of the 4 are you? 😂😉

Just did out first proper night time drive with auto high beam on and...wow...utter garbage. Constantly flashing on and off for no explicable reason, blinding other drivers, blinding pedestrians...it's the first convenience setting that I have switched straight back off.

I thought it might be due to how hilly most of the route was but when we hit flat ground it was equally appalling. Several villagers walking to the local pub will be asking why a tesla was flashing them.

The software update cannot come soon enough!

Reactions: SteelmanMFC
Posted in the trim thread without solution at the moment, so thought I’d try here as it’s relevant to our shipment. Can any of you find the emergency rear door opener in the bottom of the rear door pocket? I’m confident it doesn’t exist in mine, the pocket is totally lined with a non removable liner, there is a bump at the bottom but it’s not accessible. I’m just trying to establish if it wasn’t fitted in error, or just a timing thing as they changed to the new design, which is in the current manual?

Posted in the trim thread without solution at the moment, so thought I’d try here as it’s relevant to our shipment. Can any of you find the emergency rear door opener in the bottom of the rear door pocket? I’m confident it doesn’t exist in mine, the pocket is totally lined with a non removable liner, there is a bump at the bottom but it’s not accessible. I’m just trying to establish if it wasn’t fitted in error, or just a timing thing as they changed to the new design, which is in the current manual?
Manual states this :

For cars manufactured at the Fremont factory starting approximately early August 2022, or at Gigafactory Shanghai starting approximately mid September 2002, you can open a rear door manually in the unlikely situation in which Model Y has no power:
I doubt anybody. will have taken delivery of a mid-September built Shanghai Model Y just yet.

Good long drive (about 350 miles) today. I think I’ve gelled with autopilot now. I’ve got the lane changing sorted out now. If I indicate and wait it will change lanes for me. Patience is a virtue!

I did have a couple of strange disengagements half way through lane changes where the car seemed to suddenly panic as the lane markings disappeared due to wear and it would try and swerve back.

Navigate on autopilot is great. I’ve never arrived so unstressed and untired. Could have driven it again easily

Did our first proper long trip up to Caithness (added on well over 500 miles). Can confirm others' comments regarding the A9 truck limit being read constantly, not great for autopilot - we didn't bother using it at all this trip, although probably could've done on the motorway up to Perth. I continue to passionately hate the A9 and everyone using it.

Highly recommend using the Charge Place Scotland chargers, they are still reasonably priced, and after our visit to the Inverness supercharger on the way up we decided we're going to try to avoid superchargers as the price is a tad extortionate currently. If you're in a rush though I guess they're worth it but having to drive into the parking on Rose St and get back out again while it's busy kind of sucks up some time on its own. Would've been nicer if they'd found somewhere to put it like the ones in Perth. There are decent amounts of CPS chargers along the way and most of them did deliver close to the stated amount (apart from one on the outskirts of Thurso that could only do 36kw for some reason).

Roads were extremely foggy on the way up but at least mostly cleared up by Sutherland on the way back.

The car did fine enough apart from the wipers, which either were not on when they should be or were on way too fast. We also got flashed a few times despite not using the high beams. Oh, and the reversing camera was constantly dirty.

On longer trips you notice things like the seats maybe being a little too short and having nowhere nice to rest my elbows while driving along the straight bits. Probably the biggest complaint I have. Maybe that and the overeager lane departure warnings that make it sound as if I'm about to plow into a barrier when I go a little close to the outer line while overtaking a truck or similar. Otherwise the car did a decent enough job.

Reactions: Obie
After being so positive, I now have a story of complete despair. Long story coming up…!

Collected MY just over a week ago (24th), all going well, one small paint issue which is booked in to be repaired. However, car disappeared from the app on Tuesday night and I couldn’t access it at all by key card or phone.I couldn’t get in the car or get it to respond at all. I contacted Tesla who said that they'd send a mobile team down but then later in the day told me they were going to send somebody to recover the car. Fast forward to the end of the day and a flatbed arrives however of course they cannot access the car and therefore it cannot be put onto the truck. I had parked my car against the wall of my house up the drive which meant that it was impossible to get on skids!! 24 hours later, after many visits from the recovery company, they bring a robot which is able to remove cars from tight spots that cannot be driven forward. It took over three hours today for my car to be recovered. The car is still dead, They managed to get into the car by putting a battery pack on the 12v at the front, but the car drained two packs very quickly and wouldn’t turn on. The screen came up very briefly with a whole list of significant errors. Quite simply, it seems very broken!

I’m waiting on a loan car, apparently I’m “in a queue”. After such a long wait, I’m mostly devastated but now very worried things will get worse from here. What if it is one of those cars with a problem that goes on forever!? So, I’m now questioning my options (emotional response!)…can I return the car? How!? Does anyone know of a customer services number I can contact, I only found the breakdown number.

Before Tuesday I was over the moon - fab car! But the reality of being completely locked out and unable to move it without a robot to help has really brought me back down to earth with the biggest bang
Update on this - still without my car after nearly three weeks. Not had an update on what it could be but I did drive by the SC at the weekend and my MY has finally been moved! Tesla have been great responding when I’ve moaned but haven’t been forthcoming with updates of their own (even if the update is no update, I would have appreciated it). I’ve got used to having a M3 now as I’ve had the loan car longer than my actual car. Miserable!

Might be worth applying this to be on the safe side I have some ready for when the car arrives
If you have the white interior and want to look after them then I can vouch for this stuff! It really does protect, and it is a doddle to apply. Applied from the day I collected the car back in June. Took me about 45 minutes to do the whole car with three coats (leaving 15 minutes between each coat) then left overnight to cure.
I wear blue jeans every day, even for work and there are no signs whatsoever of any transfer. On a previous 4 series the beige seats were shot after 5k miles, even with a dealer applied 'coating'

If you have the white interior and want to look after them then I can vouch for this stuff! It really does protect, and it is a doddle to apply. Applied from the day I collected the car back in June. Took me about 45 minutes to do the whole car with three coats (leaving 15 minutes between each coat) then left overnight to cure.
I wear blue jeans every day, even for work and there are no signs whatsoever of any transfer. On a previous 4 series the beige seats were shot after 5k miles, even with a dealer applied 'coating'

Can you order this online anyhere?

Highly recommend using the Charge Place Scotland chargers, they are still reasonably priced, and after our visit to the Inverness supercharger on the way up we decided we're going to try to avoid superchargers as the price is a tad extortionate currently. If you're in a rush though I guess they're worth it but having to drive into the parking on Rose St and get back out again while it's busy kind of sucks up some time on its own. Would've been nicer if they'd found somewhere to put it like the ones in Perth. There are decent amounts of CPS chargers along the way and most of them did deliver close to the stated amount (apart from one on the outskirts of Thurso that could only do 36kw for some reason).
I’m in Aberdeen right now. I’d love to use the CPS network. But I’m afraid it’s just not viable. I would have used them at Perth but all but the 7kW chargers were in use so supercharged

Here in Aberdeen is happily use a 7kW charger this afternoon at the Duthie park. But over 50% of the CPS chargers in Aberdeen seem to be reporting out of service and almost all the others are in use. So I’ll probably supercharge again.

Aberdeen is a bit of a trip from Caithness :) Mainly just wanted to point out that the charging situation up past Inverness isn't as bad as you might expect. I realise they're not so useful in the built up areas and I'd not bother with the ones near where I live, but of course I'd just charge at my home in that case anyway. We charged up quite a bit in Inverness (at some expense) specifically because we'd assumed the chargers up past there were going to be a mess like they are in the cities - pleasantly surprised by how good it was and had we known would've bypassed the Inverness supercharger.

We spent some extra time in Golspie on the way back to avoid having to stop in Inverness, and we did top up briefly at the Supercharger in Perth to have a buffer, but the car seemed to think we could make it home in any case after being stuck behind lorries and slow tourists most of the way back on the A9.