Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like to keep the rear view camera always on the top half of my screen when driving. It seems like this is no longer allowed with v9.0. I can’t seem to get anything but the map on the top portion of the screen. Has anyone figured out to have something other than the map on the upper portion of the screen?

Thanks

That's how it is in 9.0 right now. Tesla needs to fix this. Can't be that hard.

He means as long as the rear camera is not one of the apps displayed when you put it in reverse. For example if you have the media app open and put it in reverse, the backup camera will be at the top like pre V9. If you have the rear cam app open when you put the car in reverse, then the backup cam will be at the bottom.

Reactions: cityberty
The rear camera is on top during reverse driving.

For those wishing it was on top for normal/forward driving... note how good the situational display is now around your car. I did one drive today with it and the displayed cars around me (including blind spots) was perfect. You almost don’t need mirrors or cameras anymore.

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels upset about this update, but I updated my Model S to version 9 not knowing of all the limitations and the horrible interface of this update. I feel like Tesla retained the ability to have the camera and media player apps up simultaneously, and now I feel very unsafe driving the car because I use the rearview camera on top of the screen as a blindspot warning. With this update, Tesla limited us to:

No Rearview Camera and Energy Consumption at the same time.
No Rearview Camera and Web browser at the same time.
No Web browser and Energy Consumption at the same time.

I want to know if we can downgrade back to the version 8 with the full-functionality version of the software. As I said, it feels very unsafe now making lane changes, and we don't need navigation on our daily commute.
I stopped at a Supercharger tonight in Orlando, and all the other Tesla Owners were also very upset about it. It feels like we downgraded our vehicles and we all want the full functionality back or maybe our ability to downgrade back to version 8 until they fix this update.

I do the same. Navigation on MCU is less important on S/X than 3 because we have IC for nav. Rear cam is much more important for lane change

Maybe use escalate channel?
Agreed I definitely suggest escalating this issue, Log into your Tesla account on the website and under your car select escalate and submit your issue. In this case reduced function of 9.0 and not being able to use the top portion of the display any more vs 8.1version of the in car software.

Heres what I sent

"Hello,

I have an issue with the new 9.0 software. I like to keep the rear view camera or the web browser on the top half of my screen when driving. It seems like this is no longer allowed with v9.0. I can’t seem to get anything but the map on the top portion of the screen. You have decreased the functionality of the 17 inch screen to only allow one user selected app to be displayed on the bottom of the display!? To top that off I RARELY use the in car maps on the main center display for more then a few moments especially since once I’ve entered a destination it displays turn by turn directions on the dashboard behind the steering wheel. At that point I switch the center display to rearview camera or web browser with WAZE. Please restore the ability to choose what applications I display on the top of my center console!

You should not be taking features away from customers, if anything we should have more user interface freedom, not less! For example how about letting us choose where things are displayed etc just like with a phone where you can move your most used applications around as well. "

For those wishing it was on top for normal/forward driving... note how good the situational display is now around your car. I did one drive today with it and the displayed cars around me (including blind spots) was perfect. You almost don’t need mirrors or cameras anymore.
Funny, I didn't notice any of this in my pre-AP P85+.

Very unhappy as well. Thankfully my P85+ got it before my X, so I was able to play with it and discover I didn't like it. The X will be staying on V8 for awhile now.

/edit. Actually, it's not all bad. Most of the interface is pretty snappy now. I just hate having maps forced on me at all times when I rarely drive anywhere where I would need them.

The rear camera is on top during reverse driving.

This was I was wondering .. isn't not on v9 do I dont know but I've been driving with the camera on too.and map at the bottom on v8.

Also pre Ap2 cars I assume still want this view, why limiting it and not letting it be at the top or at the bottom?

...why limiting it and not letting it be at the top or at the bottom?

I think Tesla has done this to Model 3 owners who have no ability to do what Model S and X owners have been able to do and still none of them have ever complained at all.

Since silence is golden so Tesla is emboldened to implement this kind of inferior Model 3 User Interface to Model S and X owners.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors and Magus
Also pre Ap2 cars I assume still want this view, why limiting it and not letting it be at the top or at the bottom?
Because it unifies their Model S/X/3 software. Tesla doesn't care much if old hardware doesn't live up to its old promises or if it gets worse with new updates because it doesn't affect their new car sales, which is the main metric they are judged by.