Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• star-wars-the-mandalorian.gif
    star-wars-the-mandalorian.gif
    410.4 KB · Views: 88
As posted back in January, ordered two MY (MYLR and MYP) on 1/15 and 1/16, respectively, before the $2k FSD increase (and after Tesla canceled our MY LR RWD order in December b/c they decided not to make the LR RWD version). This was also before the $4k base increase on both vehicles.

Received VIN F436xxx for the MYLR last week (EDD May 18-22) and received VIN F442xxx for the MYP today (EDD May 25-29).

Was planning to only get one MY. But these same builds are $6k more expensive now. Tesla's trade in offer on my 2018 LR RWD Model 3 is more than I paid for it four years ago, and they also offered almost as much as we paid for my wife's car 4 yrs ago. And interest rates are still low (got the 2.99% lock on one of the cars and 3.24% on the other).

So we decided to get both MY. Seems somewhat crazy, but also hard to resist trading in two 4 year old cars for more or less what we paid for them new.

And I did have lots of issues with my early VIN Model 3, all of which Tesla fixed. Now that the warranty is expiring in literally days, probably best not to see what other "production hell" issues crop up after the warranty expires.

It’s good to get the Vin. That way Tesla can count it on earnings report. While it’s at the Delivery Center getting the missing parts. I believe that’s what they’ve been doing. Reading this thread and others.
It’s Coming.
I don't think it counts as delivered until the customer has it.

I'd guess the reason for shipping them to the SCs is because they can't fit all of them at Freemont. Otherwise they'd have to completely stop production due to space constraints.

I don't think it counts as delivered until the customer has it.

I'd guess the reason for shipping them to the SCs is because they can't fit all of them at Freemont. Otherwise they'd have to completely stop production due to space constraints.
Thanks. This is my first Tesla. I figured Tesla counts them as Built. Even tho it’s missing parts. 😂

Reactions: Winning Guy
Thanks. This is my first Tesla. I figured Tesla counts them as Built. Even tho it’s missing parts. 😂
I think when the truck or train is ready to go, Tesla is going to fill each spot with a car, or, at least, most of a car. When the parts arrive at the factory, the time to ship and install the parts is faster than waiting for the next transport to deliver the car after completing the car at the factory. Plus, it doesn’t bump someone else’s car on the transport, causing a chain of delays.