Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I kind of get LR reservation owners spending thousands more to bump themselves up in line with a Performance, since you do get significantly more car, but what is the logic for those with 7 seaters? My wife has a 7 seater SRY and no way in hell would she compromise that for a Performance. I'm bored, so just more curious than anything :)

Entering day 1 of EDD tomorrow. No change in EDD from 5/11-6/8 with an OD of 3/3. I’ve seen tons of MYPs with OD after us who have gotten shortened windows and VINs. Praying today is the day we get an update.

My OD is 3/2 and I just received my shortened window yesterday. Downside is that my "shortened" window actually extends beyond my original EDD (see my sig). That said, I assume you'll get your shortened window any day now, but it will probably be a mid-June-ish EDD :(

Reactions: Daterminator88
Entering day 1 of EDD tomorrow. No change in EDD from 5/11-6/8 with an OD of 3/3. I’ve seen tons of MYPs with OD after us who have gotten shortened windows and VINs. Praying today is the day we get an update.

My OD is 3/2 and I just received my shortened window yesterday. Downside is that my "shortened" window actually extends beyond my original EDD (see my sig). That said, I assume you'll get your shortened window any day now, but it will probably be a mid-June-ish EDD :(
Shortened windows literally mean nothing.

• Love
Reactions: robeeen
While I kind of get LR reservation owners spending thousands more to bump themselves up in line with a Performance, since you do get significantly more car, but what is the logic for those with 7 seaters? My wife has a 7 seater SRY and no way in hell would she compromise that for a Performance. I'm bored, so just more curious than anything :)
I didn't order 7-seat so I don't know, but regarding jumping in line, yes, I upgraded hoping to get one before July instead of September as it was shown... but in the end, it seems actually made no difference, many people around my OD time are getting their LR delivered or Vin assigned now. kind of regret :( as I more wanted a long range one for long distance trips

My husband and I ordered a MYLR7 but upgraded after a few days as soon as I test drove the MYP and verified the kids' booster seats all fit in the second row. It was functionally a $0 change for us because we originally planned on purchasing the acceleration boost for the LR7. I also wasn't keen on picking which of my children to sit in the third row or fighting them in situations where we needed the cargo space. That said, I think the 7 seat option is amazing and am very glad Tesla offers it - it seats as many people as my (soon-to-be-traded-in) suburban without getting 11mpg 🥴

Reactions: Jones1
My husband and I ordered a MYLR7 but upgraded after a few days as soon as I test drove the MYP and verified the kids' booster seats all fit in the second row. It was functionally a $0 change for us because we originally planned on purchasing the acceleration boost for the LR7. I also wasn't keen on picking which of my children to sit in the third row or fighting them in situations where we needed the cargo space. That said, I think the 7 seat option is amazing and am very glad Tesla offers it - it seats as many people as my (soon-to-be-traded-in) suburban without getting 11mpg 🥴
While I get it sits as many people as a Suburban, it definitely doesn't compare in terms of practicality of moving a large family with cargo space needed.
It's a great car with plenty of seating, but I doubt we could have sold our Expedition and get a Y 7 seat instead, we load too much stuff :D
On the other hand we kept the Expedition and will sell my Rubicon, which sucks as a commuter, and the soon to be delivered (I hope) MYP will replace "him" in a brilliant way!

Reactions: ILMMYP and Jones1
If you placed your order in February or earlier, you should be getting your car this month. For March orders, expect a June delivery, EOQ2 at the latest.
I do like the sound of that. Is this something new? The only correlation I see between the order date and delivery date is that one comes after the other. Wait times have been mostly anywhere between four weeks and ten months.

Whatever your reason for concluding this, I'll have what you are having. 😉

Reactions: tm3dlr