Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The article makes no consideration for the way Tesla has knowingly treated it’s customers on this matter, many of whom have been very loyal. Everyone can choose who they deal with, but in my business world loyalty is everything, and that attitude has done vey well for me so far. Some journalist instructing that model Y is a good alternative is weak and sends a clear message to tesla that you can screw people around as much as you want with no consequences.

More than 50% of that is a load of rubbish. Forgetting things like integration to one eco system of PW, driver profiles (not so great is just swapping brands, there will be compromises)….list goes on….oh and how about seating requirements (we have an X and often need all seats)….or do I go and break the law for on that one?

Our X is in for a minor seat quality issue which Tesla re fixing under warranty and we one of their latest Y’s as a loan….there no WAY in hell the Y is as good as the X…..

More than 50% of that is a load of rubbish. Forgetting things like integration to one eco system of PW, driver profiles (not so great is just swapping brands, there will be compromises)….list goes on….oh and how about seating requirements (we have an X and often need all seats)….or do I go and break the law for on that one?

Our X is in for a minor seat quality issue which Tesla re fixing under warranty and we one of their latest Y’s as a loan….there no WAY in hell the Y is as good as the X…..
So you already have a model X, why the concern?

Just curious Blue heaven. I have a P85D as well and have done 165,000 km I notice you have done close to double my km's. Are you on the same battery? I've retained about 90% of original range. How has yours faired? (I'll be keeping mine for a while longer now that my order has been cancelled.)
On the same battery at 295k kms, lost around 11%, the loss has definitely slowed down as tine and kms has ticked past. Once the car is out of warranty I’m prepared for the possibility of a battery failure and a 3 month wait for a new pack, $25k doesn’t sound so bad when the car will be good for another 300k kms or more.

I'll freely admit upfront that I don't have an X or S on order, but.. I'm having trouble seeing the "Tesla is screwing us over" angle.

They took a deposit apparently fully intending to make the cars; the situation has since changed such that they don't think it makes business sense to make the cars for RHD - that's unfortunate but was always a possibility; they're now refunding the deposits and offering a decent discount on the cars they do sell here.

I mean it's disappointing but people are making it sound like Elon wrote "screw you guys" on his butt cheeks and personally mooned them.

I don’t have one on order either, but if a business quotes you on a job and you accept, an ethical business delivers even if they got the quote wrong, especially if it is to good clients who helped you in the difficult times. Tesla should have done the right thing which is close orders but deliver on what it sold. Maybe I value ethics in business too much.
Mercedes recently announced no more v8’s after a certain date, so everyone who wanted one ordered. Unfortunately they sold a lot of the polluting beasts, but leaves the right goodwill To their loyal customers. Alternatively mercedes could have said no more v8 from right now…But hey we have a nice 4 cylinder for you instead and its cheaper.

Last edited:
I'll freely admit upfront that I don't have an X or S on order, but.. I'm having trouble seeing the "Tesla is screwing us over" angle.

They took a deposit apparently fully intending to make the cars; the situation has since changed such that they don't think it makes business sense to make the cars for RHD - that's unfortunate but was always a possibility; they're now refunding the deposits and offering a decent discount on the cars they do sell here.

I mean it's disappointing but people are making it sound like Elon wrote "screw you guys" on his butt cheeks and personally mooned them.
If they full intended to make the cars, how come the firewalls were stamped without RHD steering column access, like the previous generation and the 3/Y?

The initial promise of March 21 delivery for Australian cars was a flat out lie.

Reactions: (crunch) and JayTee
Yes and why are they still showing images of S and X with RHD interiors. With the title 'Model S and X not currently available in Australia, it's almost like they are leaving the door open to reverse their decision. Also if the revised Model 3 comes out with no stalks it's going to backfire on them. They had to reverse their decision about the Yoke and the general consensus is if they go down the path with the 3 and the Y next year with no gear and indicator selectors it will come back to bite them.

I'm still a little dirty about the whole thing guys. In fact I think they shouldn't be allowed to advertise models they're quite clearly not selling here. Models S, Model X, Roadster, CybertTruk, Solar Roof or Panels. 75% of their catalogue isn't even available for sale in this country ..... Yep, still haven't calmed down. Sorry. #nastyaftertaste

Agreed, and ALL the photos on the sales stores are of the S and X (and solar pannels)....they should ALL have to come down...

Reactions: positiv
Yes and why are they still showing images of S and X with RHD interiors. With the title 'Model S and X not currently available in Australia, it's almost like they are leaving the door open to reverse their decision. Also if the revised Model 3 comes out with no stalks it's going to backfire on them. They had to reverse their decision about the Yoke and the general consensus is if they go down the path with the 3 and the Y next year with no gear and indicator selectors it will come back to bite them.

No stalks....so bloody stupid...not like FSD works anywhere in the world (which would debatably be the reason for no stalks, sort of) and seems the $10k I dropped on FSD is the biggest con job of all.

Someone posted this on the book of faces, I can't vouch for its authenticity but disappointing if true.
This is actually a no brainer. The whole idea of driving on the left side of the road is just crazy!

Many years ago I spoke to a auto executive obout this. He told me then that the global market for cars with "RHD" is about 15%. And, from a manufacturing and logistics point of view, making cars to drive on the left is like building a completely new model. Also its a new model for the less dynamic 15% of the global market.

The point is that if Australia insists on driving on the left you can expect for many auto models to be unavailable.