Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rear brake lights and emblem strip is also notable change within the refresh too

ms.JPG

Last edited:
So in funny things, if the Plaid did come out in Australia, you'd have to get a "ultra high powered" license in South Australia to drive it:

This license is going to get a bit crazy with all the new EV's coming out which will exceed that threshold..

Reactions: RichardV
So in funny things, if the Plaid did come out in Australia, you'd have to get a "ultra high powered" license in South Australia to drive it:

This license is going to get a bit crazy with all the new EV's coming out which will exceed that threshold..

Any yet many are killed in low powered vehicles......nothing like more red tape and more cash for the governing overlords

I think the mass of these cars brings them down in the kw per tonne ratio

Back in the day when Digital Equipment first released their Alpha (a RISC PC), the small PC exceeded the USA definition of a super computer and hence couldn't be exported. This looks like the same type of thing where so called 'experts' can't see their hand in front of their face.

And yet many are dismissive of experts who have way more knowledge and expertise than them in particular fields and hence are much better placed to make evidence-based risk assessments and policy recommendations.

Same experts who decided that when a drunk driver kills four kids, all speed camera warning signs should be removed.
Or the speed limiting of the Stuart Hwy in the NT and road toll increase despite years of data proving the previous 'unlimited' was safer.
Or curfews for infectious diseases was in the name of science.

The majority of these 'experts' are job justification public service lifers.
This is all politics and if you believe otherwise, I've got some ocean front property in Alice Springs to sell you.

Last edited:
Nope, haven't seen one in real life but the difference in the rear guards being flared out from the doors back is fairly obvious in the video.

Its obvious to me as a 5 year model S owner but I get most people wouldn't notice.
You haven't seen one in real life. My old man had a Model S facelift since the end of 2016. I've driven it countless times. To say there is an aesthetic difference is splitting hairs when you see them in real life. There's no way anyone could tell them apart when driving by in real life.

Same experts who decided that when a drunk driver kills four kids, all speed camera warning signs should be removed.
Or the speed limiting of the Stuart Hwy in the NT and road toll increase despite years of data proving the previous 'unlimited' was safer.

Interesting that you know so much about this area. Do you have particular qualifications in this field? Have you offered your services to any road safety research centres?

The majority of these 'experts' are job justification public service lifers.

Any evidence for that assertion? Do you put aviation safety experts into the same bucket?

• Funny
Reactions: raynewman
Interesting that you know so much about this area. Do you have particular qualifications in this field? Have you offered your services to any road safety research centres?

Any evidence for that assertion? Do you put aviation safety experts into the same bucket?

Although I agree with your position, I’m struggling to understand how an online course and different letter on a licence is going to stop a hoon in a lambo being a hoon in a lambo. Not that I have a better idea.

Reactions: Hairyman
The problem with "experts" and "evidence" is in the interpretation of data. The roads are not a laboratory, there are simply too many factors at play so sussing out the causal factors for misadventure is completely non trivial, if not impossible. Take as an example the much debated speed limits, which for anyone who has grown up outside Oz are just plain silly low here. Speed doesn't kill. It's not being in control of the vehicle, usually brought on by distraction, or driver impairment. Speed plays a factor in the outcome of course, namely through kinetic energy, but it never is the cause. It can be perfectly safe to do 200km/h or more on a flat piece of recently updated highway with no other traffic. Cars don't suddenly explode or careen out of control when a tyre bursts at that speed either.

Many rules of the road are purely down to political shenanigans. Lowest hanging fruits to fill the local coffers. Let's just accept that and get on with it.

Reactions: EcoCloudIT
Although I agree with your position, I’m struggling to understand how an online course and different letter on a licence is going to stop a hoon in a lambo being a hoon in a lambo. Not that I have a better idea.

I think the point of the course is to make drivers more aware of the risks and the dangers of driving ultra high performance vehicles, and then by completing the course, they can’t later claim in court after an accident that they were not made aware of the risks or didn’t understand them. So it creates accountability. If a person is made aware of the risks, and then willfully ignores those risks, that is prima facie criminal culpability.

Also people driving UHPVs who don’t have the relevant licence can be charged with higher level offences. Which creates a disincentive.

Before restrictions and training requirements were introduced for motorcycle licenses, there were some interesting statistics.
I understand that in one year in QLD for all motorcycles registered to owners under 18 with cubic capacity over 1000cc the “death rate” was 100%. Mercifully this was a relatively small group.

I see Tesla now offering the Standard Range Model S/X with associated lower prices. Demand must be slowing again.
Taking a break from banging my head against the wall, I hope they revisit our common cause in this thread and reverse the decision that gave me this massive hematoma

• Funny
Reactions: EcoCloudIT