Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reuters: "Tesla readies revamped Model 3 with project 'Highland' -sources" [projected 3rd quarter 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla - An innovative technology for sustainable environments.
How about just Model E?
"E" for:
"Economy"
"Electric"
"Eco-friendly"
"Everyone"

Who doesn't love sustainable mobility?
"A car for everyone who cares about the environment!"
The 3 was originally supposed to be Model E ('SEXY') but Ford has the trademark and would not release it. Of course Model A and T are out too.

They are using 'Model e" as the name for their electric & software division.

Reactions: HMHM
New spy shots of what seems to be the first Model 3 Performance "Highland".

Painted in blue and running on the 19" "Power Sports"-Aero wheels (without caps) that were once available on the Chinese Model 3 Performance.

Maybe a hint from Tesla pointing at GigaShanghai?

Source: Instagram @ amorid19

IMG_2506.jpg
IMG_2509.jpg
model-3-power-sports-wheels-e1546605809515.jpg

Looks like a larger (overall diameter) tire to me? Maybe ~255/40-19 on a ~9-9.5? That looks like a Pirelli PZ4 sidewall to me based on the potatocam, anybody know how wide the 19" Chinese-market performance wheel is?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindenwood
Hopefully someone can clear something up for me because I’m not understanding why people keep complaining about a performance model being uncomfortable(too stiff) , or being less efficient (wheels too big) . Wouldn't that be why you would buy the long range if that’s what you wanted? Every other performance car made by every German car company is uncomfortable, my C 63S broke my teeth every time I hit a bump and my BMW wasn’t very cushy either . I feel like I’m missing the point maybe?

Hopefully someone can clear something up for me because I’m not understanding why people keep complaining about a performance model being uncomfortable(too stiff) , or being less efficient (wheels too big) . Wouldn't that be why you would buy the long range if that’s what you wanted? Every other performance car made by every German car company is uncomfortable, my C 63S broke my teeth every time I hit a bump and my BMW wasn’t very cushy either . I feel like I’m missing the point maybe?

I think what you are missing is that Tesla is known for terrible suspension, so while the Performance versions from other companies might have stiffer suspension, it still better setup than Teslas Performance suspension.

Basically people are asking why they can’t have Model S smart suspension, which is t anything to write home about neither ….

Reactions: Perscitus
I think what you are missing is that Tesla is known for terrible suspension, so while the Performance versions from other companies might have stiffer suspension, it still better setup than Teslas Performance suspension.

Basically people are asking why they can’t have Model S smart suspension, which is t anything to write home about neither ….
Understood, thanks for that. I agree if the Model 3 could have the air suspension that would be great. Maybe even just for the performance model ? I’ve always been a little confused as to why there isn’t a bigger differentiator between the P models and the non P. But who knows 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: T3SLAROD