Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reuters: "Tesla readies revamped Model 3 with project 'Highland' -sources" [projected 3rd quarter 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the new seats. Not just is the ventilation a nice feature, the perforated material feels a lot more premium on the new S/X with ventilated seats. Also it appears to be reshaped and looks a bit smoother in overall design.

Can't wait to see this in white!

ventilated and more comfortable seats would be great... however, these are the things I would value much more:

- better suspension tuning, the rear seats of my Model 3 are super bouncy when going over uneven roads/bumps ; probably the "roughest" suspension of any car I've driven. again this isn't the Performance version - normal # AWD LR...

- better sound insulation ... wind noise gets bad above 70 mph

- keep gear shifting as stalks and not touchscreen, same goes for signaling

- rear cross traffic alert

- bring radar back for TACC / AP in order to cut down on phantom braking

- inrease range of Model 3 AWD back to the ~358 miles it was before the latest version dropped

Reactions: Dayreg and T3SLAROD
ventilated and more comfortable seats would be great... however, these are the things I would value much more:

- better suspension tuning, the rear seats of my Model 3 are super bouncy when going over uneven roads/bumps ; probably the "roughest" suspension of any car I've driven. again this isn't the Performance version - normal # AWD LR...

- better sound insulation ... wind noise gets bad above 70 mph

- keep gear shifting as stalks and not touchscreen, same goes for signaling

- rear cross traffic alert

- bring radar back for TACC / AP in order to cut down on phantom braking

- inrease range of Model 3 AWD back to the ~358 miles it was before the latest version dropped

It's a worthy list, but most of what you're asking for involves installing MORE parts in the car - and Tesla is slightly obsessed with the opposite.

So having been a C63S owner also. I remember that being somewhat better than a Model 3 Performance though I’ll give you not massively. However I had a BMW M5 after that, didn’t go for the upgraded 20inch wheels and left it on 19’s. It was the most comfortable car I’ve ever had on coil suspension and would still corner extremely flat. Yes, admittedly a more expensive car but just saying it’s possible.

I’m not asking for miracles. Let some people have the performance and also slightly smaller wheels for better comfort and efficiency/range. Maybe I'm the odd one out but I don't care if I have a bit more rubber and a bit less rim.
Totally agree - what you’re saying makes sense , I like the stiff suspension personally which is one of the reasons I got a P model over the LR. I will admit it’s my own fault for not realizing the ‘22 no longer had the lowered P suspension but was already switched to the LR suspension for reasons I’m not sure. But I will say the fact our 3P rides softer than our YP is a little silly. I agree they should offer a smaller wheel for the P model like they do for the Plaid, that way people who want a softer ride can have it.

Reactions: FastLaneJB
Totally agree - what you’re saying makes sense , I like the stiff suspension personally which is one of the reasons I got a P model over the LR. I will admit it’s my own fault for not realizing the ‘22 no longer had the lowered P suspension but was already switched to the LR suspension for reasons I’m not sure. But I will say the fact our 3P rides softer than our YP is a little silly. I agree they should offer a smaller wheel for the P model like they do for the Plaid, that way people who want a softer ride can have it.
For what it’s worth it’s not on the LR suspension. The shocks and springs still have different part numbers than the non-P parts.

Really, the P was never truly 10mm lower.

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
Gotta laugh at Tesla with ventilated seats and no parking sensors...
Remove the essential/useful and put in the useless.
I find ventilated seats more useful than the parking sensors. The way I currently use mine (USS) is just to judge distance pulling into garage (not beyond the 12 inch STOP) and the Vision version seems to do that just fine.

But the seats not being ventilated is a bigger complaint. Currently have to use special seat covers to allow air separation from seatback, but that wouldn't be necessary if the seats were ventilated.

Questions about this - has there been much chatter about the Y getting a Highland-type update? Were the S and X refreshed at the same time? If not, what was the timing difference?
That's next - that's the so-called project Juniper. Given need for major focus on the upcoming model 2 out of Mexico, Model Y probably won't be refreshed for another two years.

Reactions: CYBRTRK420