Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD MY Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As best I can tell this thread does not exist yet. Is there anyone out there still holding a LR RWD order? In spite of various rumors I don't believe Tesla has cancelled the delivery of such orders. My order from the first month the Model Y was announced is still active, and I have received no contact from Tesla prompting me to pick a different config.

1615845636512.png

1615845646913.png

Same boat, no contact either. Thankfully I'm not in a rush to replace my current vehicle so I can afford to wait.

It's a shame Tesla hasn't been honoring options pricing if people choose to switch configs, now that they're 3+ months behind schedule.

Considering that + the $7k tax credit likely coming soon, it's best to just wait it out if you can, IMO.

Reactions: CoastalCruiser
As best I can tell this thread does not exist yet. Is there anyone out there still holding a LR RWD order? In spite of various rumors I don't believe Tesla has cancelled the delivery of such orders. My order from the first month the Model Y was announced is still active, and I have received no contact from Tesla prompting me to pick a different config.

View attachment 644736

View attachment 644737
Same here. Why hasn’t anyone reached out to us? Does anyone know how many are still holding MY LR RWD reservations?

Reactions: seangoggin
Mine was canceled by Tesla on or around the first week of Jan this year, we received a check on 1/20 with no explaination. when we called, SA told us they aren't going to make that car and if we wanted a Y we'd have to reorder, which we did. $100 deposit MY7st AWD SR on 1/20 - finished profile on 1/21. 2 - 6 week delivery date, then in mid feb, delivery date disappeared and still no VIN assigned. Getting frustrated with the process.

• Informative
Reactions: CoastalCruiser
Well I have escalated my case with the store manager from Tesla Mexico last week. Called today and that there's will no update that I should call him again next week. I'm basically requesting to allow me to pay the difference from the LRRWD to LRAWD from the time of my order. Hopefully it can come thru.. =\

According to him LRRWD was cancelled and it wont come out (buy hey we all know that they just made those things up.. no one from any Tesla Store really knows what's on Elon minds regarding the LRRWD). He didn't even know there were newer Model Ys with the updated Consoles (he wanted me to sell a current inventory car with the old console).

Hopefully I can work out something before something weird happens and they decide to cancel the reservations (just in case)

Reactions: seangoggin
I see now in catching up with these posts that indeed some have had the order cancelled. That is a particularly uneven application of policy, even for Tesla.

I wonder, has anyone with a RWD order gone in to a showroom and threatened to hold their breath until they turn blue if Tesla doesn't deliver their car?

Mine was canceled by Tesla on or around the first week of Jan this year, we received a check on 1/20 with no explaination. when we called, SA told us they aren't going to make that car and if we wanted a Y we'd have to reorder, which we did. $100 deposit MY7st AWD SR on 1/20 - finished profile on 1/21. 2 - 6 week delivery date, then in mid feb, delivery date disappeared and still no VIN assigned. Getting frustrated with the process.
AWD SR? No such car exists. If you are looking for LR AWD it looks like the only new cars in inventory are demo vehicles. And currently only 3 are listed out of 85 without FSD.

Maybe the 7 seat config and SR are subject to same date of being out off til after the end of quarter rush. The vast majority of orders are for LR AWD 5 seaters.

AWD SR? No such car exists. If you are looking for LR AWD it looks like the only new cars in inventory are demo vehicles. And currently only 3 are listed out of 85 without FSD.

Maybe the 7 seat config and SR are subject to same date of being out off til after the end of quarter rush. The vast majority of orders are for LR AWD 5 seaters.
sorry SR RWD - was a late night post.

They did cancel the car lol. The only availability of the SR would be through existing inventory. I’ve been trying to hunt one down for weeks.
How long have you been trying to find one? I was able to order one two weeks ago. The first dealership I called said I couldn’t order one anymore even if “Elon said it is off-menu.” When I called another dealer, the SA said he had a few in inventory and placed an order for me.

Since early March . No luck :(. I’m using the ev-Tesla site as another source. Nothing.
That’s really odd. My order was placed on the 8th and delivered on the 18th. Did you speak to a SA? I know SA’s are a hit or a miss but my SA two weeks ago said there were a few available. I pulled the trigger but I know now there isn’t anything left in the inventory websites.

Reactions: Rich024
That’s really odd. My order was placed on the 8th and delivered on the 18th. Did you speak to a SA? I know SA’s are a hit or a miss but my SA two weeks ago said there were a few available. I pulled the trigger but I know now there isn’t anything left in the inventory websites.
I did have one matched but the battery failed on it. So now I’ve been unmatched for the past week, no SR available. Another user also had matched to this car previously. Tesla must have forgotten to flag and remove it from being purchase .