Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

doctorwho

Jan 3, 2014
Eurobin, Victoria. Australia
I like that they've removed the front 'grille', it looks much cleaner without one. The rest of it is too boy racer and if they are going to add on pointless bonnet air ducts they may as well stick on a huge 'exhaust pipe'

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Northern California
I like that they've removed the front 'grille', it looks much cleaner without one. The rest of it is too boy racer and if they are going to add on pointless bonnet air ducts they may as well stick on a huge 'exhaust pipe'
Those air ducts could be for the brakes. With such a heavy car the brakes are sure to heat up quite fast at the track.

qwk

P130DL
Dec 19, 2008
That orange version looks surprisingly good. I wonder how one gets to the battery posts with no nose cone?

JRP3

Hyperactive Member
Aug 20, 2007
Central New York
They could have done what Tesla should have done, put some remote terminals or a plug easily accessible in the frunk, or somewhere else easily accessible.

SwedishAdvocate

Jul 26, 2012
Sweden, Earth
Personally, I find this interior interesting:

saleen_interior.jpg

Source: Saleen Tesla Model S - More Images and Details | InsideEVs

bareyb

Sep 2, 2013
Silicon Valley, CA
Did they say anything about the suspension and handling upgrades? To me this looks like nothing more than a body kit. Seems odd to put air scoops on a Frunk lol. I do like the front end, but I also like my nosecone. ;)

Shumdit

Sep 2, 2013
SC
Rims are ugly...Too much like Mustang I guess...Front is nice....Side are nice...Rear is nice....So far nothing we cant do ourselves....

Not horrible, but I think Steve might be assuming we all are like a typical Mustang customer. He seems to have applied the same basic styling "upgrades" he did to a mid-80's Mustang as well as every subsequent one to create this new look. I see the typical demographic of a Tesla owner being a different demographic. The yet unannounced performance increases better be out of this world if he wants to move many of them.

ToddRLockwood

Sep 11, 2012
Burlington, Vermont
And if they do make actual drivetrain and/or firmware alterations, what happens the next time Tesla issues an over-the-air update?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, whither true bolsters?!

I read recently that Tesla will be offering a front seat modification for those who want more bolster, and it will be possible to modify existing seats at the service centers. They're doing it by lowering the center part of the seat cushion.

Denarius

Apr 27, 2013
Utah
And if they do make actual drivetrain and/or firmware alterations, what happens the next time Tesla issues an over-the-air update?

- - - Updated - - -

I read recently that Tesla will be offering a front seat modification for those who want more bolster, and it will be possible to modify existing seats at the service centers. They're doing it by lowering the center part of the seat cushion.

Where did you read this? I've been trying to figure out my own solution for the seats.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC