Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Mode in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Morning all,
I've been reading threads about updates to Service Mode overseas, and I've followed the instructions to Hold the Logo in the About Area and enter the Password "service", but nothing happens from here on my car.
Has anyone else used Service Mode Successfully in Australia?
It's obviously not Super Critical, but the option to disable battery heating etc when DC Charging could be useful for quicker chargers on slower Jolt Style DC Chargers etc.

I wonder how they get around this for mobile service? That would be a major limitation if they couldn't
they plug in with their laptop and put in service mode ..or any other mode.. Tesla tend to be quite harsh who has access to what with their own SC ppl.. idk.. it's Tesla being Apple.. ..my next ev probably will be equivalent to an 'Android' so can be more easily modded by end users - BYD's definitely looking as a good option.

In a related zone, what about demo mode? This is supposedly accessed by the same "press and hold the logo and then when you let go you get a box and can type 'showroom' in to activate, but I have never managed to get it to work. I show my car at advocacy events a lot, and I would be much more comfortable if I could prevent someone from putting the car in drive and then mowing down a bunch of the general public.

Reactions: Fazza
In a related zone, what about demo mode? This is supposedly accessed by the same "press and hold the logo and then when you let go you get a box and can type 'showroom' in to activate, but I have never managed to get it to work. I show my car at advocacy events a lot, and I would be much more comfortable if I could prevent someone from putting the car in drive and then mowing down a bunch of the general public.
I was told by Tesla sales that that mode is disabled when the car is sold.

Have shown my Model S many times. To prevent your Tesla going into drive at a show, open the charge port and connect your UMC. Even without power, with the UMC connected it will not go into drive. In fact not having power to the UMC prevents little fingers from unlocking it as the button on the UMC handle doesn’t work without power and you have to unlock it from the central screen.

Has anyone else used Service Mode Successfully in Australia?

Parked outside my local Tesla smash repairer and the 'service' code worked. You could then drive to your local charger... lol

Having a Performance and putting it in Track Mode before charging stops the battery heating. Expensive workaround if you don't have a Performance already though! :D

Used to be able to get it through the “dyno” code but that stopped working.

'dynotest' still works but no way to service mode from there.

I’ve used it for re-levelling the headlights. I was having problems with oncoming traffic flashing me even though I was on low beam. The service centre crew showed me to put the car on a flat level surface, go into the service menu, then push the calibrate headlights button. The car fiddles with the headlights and puts them back to neutral. You can fiddle further if you want, but it does not seem necessary. FWIW I’m on 2023.2.12.