Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setec CCS to Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received v140 today as well, and the Harley Davidson charger is now working. However the charger would only produce 11kw. Plug share has it listed as a 24kw.

The car initially only posted 3-4kw and after the battery warmed up (7kw heater) the car and charger synced at 11kw input.

I pulled a data log to send to Setec. I’m curious if the slow charge is due to the charger, the adapter, or the car.
It's fairly common for one of the two charger modules in the IES units to fail, leaving only about 12kW output available.

I suppose you should be glad it was only half broken. ;)

So I’m on v 140 firmware as of today.
got the following chargers to work on v140

Signet v1 Electrify America / Efacec qc45 charger / ABB electrify America / Harley Davidson ChargePoint Adapter.

Still peaked at 50KW on 2019 LR M3 AWD.

I’m locking on this version until they can get the speeds up or spoof the Supercharge protocol.

With the newest firmware, what has been the highest kW charge rate people with a Model S or X seen when SOC is low (~20%)?
Has there ever been more than 50 kW? Sorry if I missed it.

Oh, that's odd. I was under the impression that it was emulating CHAdeMO on the 3/Y. Is it doing something else on the S/X?
Details are here, how it actually works and why Model S/X can do higher (actually it can do more than 200A, but the adapter limits itself to protect itself), but Model 3/Y can't.
I've just read all the comments on this thread.

Thank you for your warm greeting.

During a charging session, a Tesla requests voltage and current.
Ms/x requests up to its max current: its max current is modified to 200A by FW to protect the adapter.
M3 requests up to 126A. It never requests its real max current beyond 126A. The value is the same as that from Chadomo adapter.
From this, you can know M3 limits the current when it is charged via an adapter.
No vendor ID is sent in the protocol.
If it is permitted to upload exe files here, I will upload them here.

Oh, that's odd. I was under the impression that it was emulating CHAdeMO on the 3/Y. Is it doing something else on the S/X?
No, it's doing the exact same thing. It's the S/X that are doing something different from the 3/Y. Presumably because Tesla has retrofitted the S/X in Europe to use CCS adapters in that market, those models are programmed to request whatever the BMS says the battery can take and then the station side limits what is actually delivered. The 3/Y come with a CCS port natively though, so they havn't needed programming like that. They've only needed programming to let them use the CHAdeMO adapter, which has a limit of 125A so that's the max that those cars are programmed to request.

• Informative
Reactions: jsight