Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setec CCS to Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to find someone like you closer to me Northern NJ with that adapter and perhaps they will let me borrow it for a day to see if the stations by me are any good and how much my car can pull. I do have the model x 2018 with 72A so my charging at home is 46 m/hour so not that bad
Please report results and current software level of your car. As posted above, seems latest Tesla update may have reduced max charging rate of the Setec adapter to 50kw for MS and MX.

Hi does anyone have a used CHAdeMO Adapter that they like to sell. I see that brand new from Tesla is $400 let me know what you want for yours. PM me
I bought one two days ago, you have to keep checking their site daily. It seems like it goes in and out of stock randomly. About 1 hr after I bought mine it went out of stock and when I checked again late at night it was showing in stock again and out of stock in the morning. I just keep a bookmark on one of my chrome tabs and check it to make it easy.

Reactions: Rocky_H
To add to more data points involving EA and my Bolt, I charged on EA's Signet chargers near home the other night. One stopped for no apparent reason after charging for awhile and hit an error. Wasn't able to restart charging on it. I switched to an adjacent one and had no problems.

Today, I was at an EA site over 60 miles away w/Signet and there were tons of cars, including some e-trons BEVs, an ID.4, several Leaf on CHAdeMO, a Bolt and an i3. I did witness most of them charging. I was meeting someone at the Starbucks at the Safeway there. I did come back to charge on the Signet chargers several times when I swung by to use the restroom and had no issues. On the way home, I used EA'S ABB chargers in Gilroy. Charge worked just fine. There was a Mach-E charging there and two Lucid Air test vehicles pulled up to charge, which worked fine. I spoke to one of the drivers for awhile.

So, the only EA vendor I haven't used yet is Efacec.
For those curious, DCFC reliability – An open Letter to Electrify America has pics of EA chargers of the 4 vendors EA uses: BTC Power, ABB, Efacec and Signet.

However, his description of Signet isn't entirely accurate now as EA Signet also now has ones w/holsters on the side: DCFC reliability – An open Letter to Electrify America. I've personally used those at two different location as I noted at DCFC reliability – An open Letter to Electrify America.

Is my battery defective (or am I)? Level 3 Charging... has pointers to sites where EA Efacec was ripped out and replaced w/something else. You can see the change if you look at the early Plugshare pics at each site vs. more recent.

The best way to tell is to look at the labels on the chargers themselves. If you ever use a DC FC site, besides checking into Plugshare w/your positive or negative experience, if there isn't a pic of the labels, it'd be nice to add them.

Last edited:
I bought the adapter early in the presale. I used it once without success at a Charge point location in Colfax, CA. I've tried to do the firmware update but the USB serial port doesn't show up on my Mac. Anyone else have trouble getting the firmware update done on a Mac?

I bought the adapter early in the presale. I used it once without success at a Charge point location in Colfax, CA. I've tried to do the firmware update but the USB serial port doesn't show up on my Mac. Anyone else have trouble getting the firmware update done on a Mac?
You have to use a pc or pc emulator to update the firmware last time I checked.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: mociaf9 and Rocky_H