Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bummer for me. Just got notice at 1:04am this morning that a software update was available. When I installed at 7am it was 2018.12. I have a Model S AP2.5. Seems like when I got 2018.10.4 it was towards the end within days before .12 came out.
why a bummer? for 2 or 3 weeks till the next .17 (or whatever) update, you'll have to suffer with 2 week old firmware that is virtually identical to .14.

Think you'll make it?

Just installed 2018.14 from 2018.6.1, AP1. Took about an hour to install. The first web site I tried was waze for tesla, which made it crash and reboot. Also strange that my driver assistance features are currently unavailable. Hopefully that doesn't continue. I also ran the html5test and attached is the results. Sorry I don't have pre 2018.14 results to compare.
View attachment 293396 View attachment 293399 View attachment 293400 View attachment 293401

I had the same thing this morning. Loading tesla waze rebooted the MCU and caused a charge port error. I reset charge port (unplug cable/replug cable) and tried tesla waze again. Reboot. same procedure. I called the service center and got a very helpful rep. He suggested a full power down (control, ebrake & power) and

• Funny
Reactions: Shaggy
I had the same thing this morning. Loading tesla waze rebooted the MCU and caused a charge port error. I reset charge port (unplug cable/replug cable) and tried tesla waze again. Reboot. same procedure. I called the service center and got a very helpful rep. He suggested a full power down (control, ebrake & power) and
... then everything worked, including waze!
(sorry for the broken post) I got a weird message about being blocked as I was trying to post.

Reactions: Shaggy
Does anyone on 2018.14 also have the new nav? Wondering if the release notes are different or if there are any other changes to the navigation.
ummmm not sure ... BUT when the update happened a couple days ago, all it showed was the trunk stuff opening closing which we already had - since maybe 2wks ago. This morning, no further update - but the update display screen DID show the document stating we have a new improved nav
Haven't actually looked at the nav yet - tho I'll check it when I get back to the car in a few hours

Thanks for the responses. Looks like MCU2 with 2018.14 is returning the 297-320 scores while the older hardware has the 174 and doesn't change with the update.
The newer hardware look significantly more capable of handling newer webpages though Tesla is still throttling content like video.

Forgot to specify it, but my MCU is the first gen (html5test.com returning a 301 score since the latest update).

I think you got it wrong: old MCU with 2018.14 update ranks around 300 apparently (at least for two of us forum users). Old MCU on previous updates (2018.10.4 a few posts here above) returns a +/- 170 score.

If you have your token entered and your ViN set up and all that, wait an hour. It should automatically do it. The drop down is for people that want to do it manually.
Once you are set up all you need to do is update the token as it is refreshed.

Last follow up on this side-conversation...after 24 hours, EV-FW is still not showing my firmware version via the token. Oh well!