Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.28.5 377ec8b

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't strictly .28.5 related — I'm still on 2018.26, but from Friday to Monday, I noticed some mapping changes. A few divided local roads that I take frequently now have 5mph speed restrictions when they didn't before. It seems like independent of software updates, they are playing with map tiles in the background.

• Informative
Reactions: Joe F
I, too, am still on .26 but I noticed yesterday that one of my nav routings now takes me further into the property rather than stopping out on the street in front of where I need to stop. Caught me totally off guard. Two days ago navigation would end after I drove beyond it. Now it wants to reroute me if I don’t turn in.

Over the last several updates, I’ve noticed an increase in the level of phantom breaking in both our Model S and our Model 3, especially on bridges with overhead support structures.
I’ve seen many YouTube videos over the past couple of years, where AP predicts accident ahead well before it actually materializes. I’ve been wondering if some of this phantom is triggered by an algorithm that sees a potential accident that never actually comes to be.

I, too, am still on .26 but I noticed yesterday that one of my nav routings now takes me further into the property rather than stopping out on the street in front of where I need to stop. Caught me totally off guard. Two days ago navigation would end after I drove beyond it. Now it wants to reroute me if I don’t turn in.

I've noticed maybe 2 different navigation map "updates" since the initial rollout of Tesla navigation. Neither resulted in any notification, but like your situation, it affected how it would resolve addresses to GPS coordinates, and one actually changed all the highway exit names (e.g. instead of saying I-280S it now says I-280 / San Jose).

It seems like the new maps has some ability to update itself without the monstrous 4GB download.

Screen reboot for me too.. P90 (originally P85) 2012.. called service for something else and brought this up..they said they'd look into it

Same here. Annoying. At least one time I heard a repeating tone (reminded me of TPMS audible warning just after I blew out a tire) and then the IC went blank. Not as often as I've heard from others, but twice in a 20 mile drive early this afternoon.

This is in my non-AP, 2013 P85.

Is it just me or did the intense slowdowns stop?

Finally got my car from service that has been there for weeks. I used AP on a local road. A red light popped up and the car in front of me started to slow down of course. My car though started to slow before gently coming to a stop. Before it would go full speed until it was like an inch away and THEN slow down.

Is it just me or did the intense slowdowns stop?

Finally got my car from service that has been there for weeks. I used AP on a local road. A red light popped up and the car in front of me started to slow down of course. My car though started to slow before gently coming to a stop. Before it would go full speed until it was like an inch away and THEN slow down.
It did, but then I got used to it and now it appears to still have abrupt changes in deceleration still which feel very unnatural. Gentle changes in deceleration feel much more natural than it suddenly deciding "nope, not decelerating enough, let's double it in one step."

Maybe it's already been talked about but I noticed two things different (or at least I think they are different). I don't remember Autopilot having it's own tab under the settings and I also can't seem to find the settings for energy savings and always connected. Let me know if this is something new.

Maybe it's already been talked about but I noticed two things different (or at least I think they are different). I don't remember Autopilot having it's own tab under the settings and I also can't seem to find the settings for energy savings and always connected. Let me know if this is something new.
On what version is your car? 2018.28.5 or already on the new 2018.32.2? Until at least 2018.26.2, AP settings were a section of the "Driver Assistance" tab.

The only thing I care about - is there any improvement on the AP nag situation?

I haven't updated in 3 months fearing the nag. I am still at 2018.18.13

I know this topic has been beaten to death... but, don't fear the nag. I've got it. It's more naggy. But it makes me keep my hands on the wheel and that's a good thing. So if I'm honest with myself, it's keeping me safer than before.

Energy savings and always connected are in the display tab (don’t know why). They are only present before on MCU1 cars delivered before March 2018. Not sure if that changes now, heard that MCU2 cars do not need those settings.

• Informative
Reactions: brianman