Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think mapping data was ever confirmed to be the issue. I guess this confirms the opposite :D
@BigD0g told me he had to update to newer US maps that were released in September in order for Drive on Nav to work. Because of this I assumed we need to wait for a new maps release for Europe as well... Seems like I assumed wrong.

Please also comment to tell us if the local roads are now allowed to have Auto lane changes. I believe you're on ap2 which means you're able to confirm the new behavior (i might be wrong).
I don't have AP2 at the moment :(
Hopefully next week

In May Elon tweeted that all Model X and Model S is soon to get the possibility to unlock/start the car with only the phone app using only bluetooth, just like Model 3. Meaning that the car will unlock and start just like with the Keyfob (no need to pull up your phone etc.), but all you need is bluetooth enabled on your phone.
Is there anything about this in V9?

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
In May Elon tweeted that all Model X and Model S is soon to get the possibility to unlock/start the car with only the phone app using only bluetooth, just like Model 3. Meaning that the car will unlock and start just like with the Keyfob (no need to pull up your phone etc.), but all you need is bluetooth enabled on your phone.
That would have been in the release notes so I'm guessing it's not there.. also guessing it never will be

My understanding that there was hardware needed for this to work. The antennas were in the mirrors I believe. I know there was a thread on it here somewhere. This is similar to the mcu1 to mcu2 upgrade promisied. I suspect when Elon tweets, it’s the first time his engineers hear of some of the things they’ll be working on, and when it’s not possible (blind spot and off ramp in ap1 and summon able to navigate around your property in ap1) it sort of gets forgotten with time.

Reactions: JohnnyG and MTOman
Will be interesting to see how much of a speed differential it can actually see. I had a guy pass me yesterday on my left going well over 100 when I was going 72 or so.

Rear radar could see that! Even if line of sight is partially obstructed, radar would be likely see a high-delta-v target like that in plenty of time. Radar is a great supplement to vision (human or machine vision). Too bad our $90k cars don't have this inexpensive part... we'll all get to see soon enough whether the cameras can do this.

Wow. That is far better than I expected for V1! ( I know repeating a bit here, but honestly - my bar was set low)

What do you mean "V1"?

• Disagree
Reactions: J1mbo
My understanding that there was hardware needed for this to work. The antennas were in the mirrors I believe. I know there was a thread on it here somewhere. This is similar to the mcu1 to mcu2 upgrade promisied. I suspect when Elon tweets, it’s the first time his engineers hear of some of the things they’ll be working on, and when it’s not possible (blind spot and off ramp in ap1 and summon able to navigate around your property in ap1) it sort of gets forgotten with time.

So cars with MCU2 already has this feature since they have bluetooth in the side mirrors?
And MCU1 cars will never get this because they do not? We know this for a fact, or is this just speculations?
If so, that really sucks!

So cars with MCU2 already has this feature since they have bluetooth in the side mirrors?
And MCU1 cars will never get this because they do not? We know this for a fact, or is this just speculations?
If so, that really sucks!
I don't think it's fact, but one can certainly speculate based on past unfulfilled promises of features. Even the dashcam feature was talked about as if all vehicles would get it and we see how that turned out. On a brighter note, my Tesla app updated on both my pixel 2xl and iPhone xs so maybe tonight begins the rollout?

Reactions: JohnnyG
Can someone please confirm if there are any improvements in Auto Wipers in v9?

I can't believe it that they are wasting time on freaking Atari games, but a basic feature like rain sensing wipers or more advanced manual mode, suck so much and could be fixed with software updates. Super frustrating.

I agree. Some decent phone messaging integration also would top my list. I play in my phone while supercharging. I'm sure I'll use the Atari features once and never open them again, I'd use better phone integration every day.