Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like the blind spot warning works well when using autopilot. But what about during normal, non-autopilot driving? Does it still give you a warning, for example if you turn on the turn signal?

Yeah, I liked that the lane line turned red even when you didn't have the turn signal on. (Which is when the release notes say that it turns red.) I hope they add an option for an audible warning if you engage the turn signals and there is something in the blind spot.

XPZLi17.png

Also seeing an update 40 min ago to 2018.39.2.1 cbbcef4 on Teslafi

Last edited:

I made another small video, it's 30 minutes drive compiled in 2 min, I had to take over the car twice, once to pass a car of Chinese lady (was driving 50 miles and merged into my lane) and another time when the car lost lane marking next to SF.
I would say its pretty damn good beta if you ask me :)

That seems fairly impressive!

Outside of the Drive On Autopilot functionality, how would you rate the rest of Autopilot's performance relative to v8.1?

I made another small video, it's 30 minutes drive compiled in 2 min, I had to take over the car twice, once to pass a car of Chinese lady (was driving 50 miles and merged into my lane) and another time when the car lost lane marking next to SF.
I would say its pretty damn good beta if you ask me :)
Thanks to you and all of the early adopters/testers. It takes a lot to install something like this and take it for a spin. I'm an early adopter for most things I can be. I like the latest versions of software and apps on my phone, but when something is amiss with them, it's more annoyance than anything else. Well done folks. And great videos @dennis_d.

Chris
Still waiting on my first Tesla (MS 100D)