Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shouldn’t blind spot detection tell you if the next lane is occupied before you turn on the blinker? If it works as described, you first cause an emergency brake chain reaction on the next lane and then know better...

Any theories why dashcam is limited to ap 2.5?

Add all subversions and localisations, the forking in Tesla OS is insane.

Shouldn’t blind spot detection tell you if the next lane is occupied before you turn on the blinker? If it works as described, you first cause an emergency brake chain reaction on the next lane and then know better...

It shows you cars next to you and behind you now, just doesn't turn red until you turn on the blinker.

Any theories why dashcam is limited to ap 2.5?

My theory is because AP2.5 cameras have better color (it is a fact that AP2.5 cameras have better color, this was verified months ago in AP2.5 teardowns).

Version 9.0 - Model S/X AP1

Version 9.0 introduces updates to the touchscreen and Tesla mobile app which are designed for an easier and more convenient driving experience. We have also made improvements to Climate, Navigation, Media, and Controls in addition to several safety enhancements.

Version 9.0 - Model S/X AP2&2.5

Version 9.0 introduces updates to the touchscreen and Tesla mobile app designed for an easier and more convenient experience. For those with Enhanced Autopilot, we are also introducing Navigate on Autopilot (Beta) — our newest Autopilot convenience feature, designed to get you to your destination more efficiently by guiding your car on and off the highway. We have also made improvements to Climate, Navigation, Media, and Controls in addition to several safety enhancements.

I may be mistaken but wasn't "on ramp to off ramp" one of the promised features that was to be on AP1 hardware cars? Seems this is still unfulfilled.

Yeah. If the car is just suggesting lane changes and picking which side of the lane split to follow, I don't understand why it isn't coming to AP1 as well - that doesn't sound like anything AP1 would need additional hardware for or code that wasn't already developed for AP2.

Reactions: Olle and jkennebeck
It shows you cars next to you and behind you now, just doesn't turn red until you turn on the blinker.

Where do you see that the cars will turn red? The release notes say "To improve safety and increase confidence when changing lanes, the lane line on the instrument panel now turns red when your turn signal is engaged and a vehicle or obstacle is detected in your target lane."

Yeah. If the car is just suggesting lane changes and picking which side of the lane split to follow, I don't understand why it isn't coming to AP1 as well - that doesn't sound like anything AP1 would need additional hardware for or code that wasn't already developed for AP2.

Probably because the code that enables the feature was written from scratch using their new neural net. Basically, AP1 and AP2 cars are probably operating on completely different systems now that may not be backward compatible anymore.

To clarify, is this *only* prerelease to the beta group (as I'd expect), or has this started to roll out to owners at large? Seems like people are implying they have it, but I could just be misreading that. I'm taking off on a road trip this weekend, and would love to have the new software for that :)

AP1 has no way of checking the blind spot.

Is that the case? I haven't had the car very long and haven't heard anyone mention that this happens automatically.

From: Tesla updates mobile app to bring new cold weather convenience features

Preconditioning will also turn on your seat heaters and defrosters automatically in cold weather for your comfort and convenience. Cold weather upgrades, such as the heated steering wheel and wiper blades, will also be activated. When you start your next drive, your climate settings will automatically revert to your previous settings. NOTE: Requires vehicle software version 2018.4 or above.”