Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.46.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked Tesla the other day about getting the new version so I can secure mobile access but they said there are still bugs regarding Spotify and something else that escapes me. Wonder if 46.2 (although only see on model 3 at present) will fix this? I just want to secure my car in any way I can....

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold
Very nice splitting of apps on the 17' screen with the rear camera on top :)

IMG_1838.jpeg

Impressive (or crazy ?) that they start rollout right before a weekend.
I don’t complain, just sympathy for those working this weekend at Tesla.

Can’t imagine it makes any difference. Tesla has had an hour or longer queue for their phone support from open to close for months now. While a new release may generate some extras calls, when you’re that far behind in answering them it doesn’t result in any extra work for the customer service agents. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I asked Tesla the other day about getting the new version so I can secure mobile access but they said there are still bugs regarding Spotify and something else that escapes me. Wonder if 46.2 (although only see on model 3 at present) will fix this? I just want to secure my car in any way I can....
Are you from Surrey BC Canada? If so, is Spotify coming to North America? I cannot stand Slacker.

I also received the 46.2

- No Nav on Autopilot anymore :( in regards to the first v9 releases.
- The new v9 interface is not bad, mostly better than before.
- The blind spot alert is a good improvment, but almost no other big improvement so far.
- My model X do not support DashCam function :(

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I also received the 46.2

- No Nav on Autopilot anymore :( in regards to the first v9 releases.
- The new v9 interface is not bad, mostly better than before.
- The blind spot alert is a good improvment, but almost no other big improvement so far.
- My model X do not support DashCam function :(

What do you mean No More NoA? It's still in the firmware just not enabled for any country outside the USA. You are listing improvements that have been in V9 since 2018.39.x

Reactions: jrad6515
Very nice splitting of apps on the 17' screen with the rear camera on top :)

View attachment 356878

As the owner of a classic pre-AP car I think having the map forced on and redrawing is a huge waste of processor resources. Continue to not update untill that oversight is addressed and the option to have camera and browser with waze up at the same time is restored. This reminds me of apple updates that force the slowdown of your phone in hopes you will buy new faster hardware, that was why I stopped buying apple phones.

The full screen map does seem to slow down the MCU. I usually run Tesla wind on the browser with map on top. In v8, everything is good. In v9, the website lags badly. If I start the sketch pad, which hides the map, then the website runs just fine.

I hope tesla would spend some time to optimize the software for us old MCU people. I like v9, but it seems to exceed the spec of the MCU.

What do you mean No More NoA? It's still in the firmware just not enabled for any country outside the USA. You are listing improvements that have been in V9 since 2018.39.x

Yes, the 46.2 is my first V9, however after seeing comments and videos, I was expecting NoA :( sadly isn’t there.

In addition to that, I feel the AP less stable than my previous version 32.4 (more ping-pong), especially on bad weather (night + rain)

Yes, I am a little bit disappointed by this version 46.2

I like the new interface; however, it looks like they reset the autopilot engine to one year back.

It is definitively a lot less smooth than my previous version 32.4
- Ping pong in the lane making to feel less confident.
- Jerky take over.
- I have not noticed any phantom breaking so far, but I believe it could be the case.

I hope they fix this behaviour a soon as possible.

Note : I own a model X AP2.0/MCU1. Perhaps it is different with other models

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Hey, where did everyone go? Since 2018.46 arrived, it looks like very few people are posting on tmc (teslmotorsclub.com)! Am I looking at the wrong threads or did most of the more chatty people on tmc get recruited into the early users program and have to stop posting on tmc because of the rules of the early users program? Are those all the folks on ev-few.com who got 2018.46.2? Some other explanation. I’m just feeling a bit lonely and wondering. Enjoying 42.2. Auto lane change on local roads is very useful. Would like to see:
1) Smoother steering correction as AP is engaged and takes over,
2) Improved auto-wipers,
3) Reduced ping-ponging (as it used to be just before 42.2),
4) On local highways, maintain the distance from centre line when the margin paint ends and the margin becomes unclear because of crumbling asphalt.

On a more positive note, AP is much better with tight corners on local roads. Almost got all the way through some roundabouts last night!

The full screen map does seem to slow down the MCU. I usually run Tesla wind on the browser with map on top. In v8, everything is good. In v9, the website lags badly. If I start the sketch pad, which hides the map, then the website runs just fine.

I hope tesla would spend some time to optimize the software for us old MCU people. I like v9, but it seems to exceed the spec of the MCU.
It slows it down enough that it causes annoying skips and stutters in streamed music, to get rid of it I have to "hide" the maps with the doodle easter egg.... V9 UI continues to suck bad.