Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.46.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With 46.2 since this morning, the streaming audio glitch problem occurred significantly less now but it still happened. Drove for about an hour and it happened probably every 15 minutes or so. Previous 42.2 version, it was happening every few minutes. It’s better now but not fixed. Still annoying. Going to have to continue keeping my doodles up :(

2017 75D, MCU1 and AP 2.5

Got this on my X... Still don't like where the cold weather stuff was moved to and keep tweeting Elon asking them to move it back... It's ridiculous where it is now and takes way more taps to just enable the heated steering wheel...

Audio skipping seems to be less prevalent but it's not totally gone... The other annoying bug was not remembering favorite TuneIn stations (always stayed in the recently played but the star would uncheck itself) and I *think* this might be fixed as well... I'll have to do more testing.

Please, please, please Tesla, move the cold weather stuff back to where it was...

Oh and I noticed on my X a new banner at the bottom "No rear occupants detected" (or something like that) which is new as of 46.2... I wonder if this is Tesla's way of being proactive regarding idiots who leave their kids in the car by accident...???

Jeff

Got the update last night on the X. During the morning commute, I didn't notice any skipping during song playback, so that's looking promising.

I'll update again after the commute home because there's one other fix that's supposed to be included with this release that I've been waiting for.

46.x was slated to fix the issue where if you lose LTE connection for awhile (e.g., parking in an underground garage) that it'll reconnect when it can. Previously, it seemed that it wouldn't reconnect until you rebooted using the scroll wheels, or parked where there was signal allowing it to go to sleep.

Would be great if this one was fixed! I reboot a couple of times a week after parking in office garage.

Updated to 2018.46.2 last night.
About an hour later, I brought up the notes and decided to check all my settings to make sure nothing had changed.
I brought up Smart Air Suspension to find that my car was in Jack Mode. I had to unplug it from the charger for the button to turn blue so I could disable it. I assumed it had something to do with the SC replacing my front Air Struts last week. I called tech-support to get them to pull the logs for my SC.
The technician at the SC has determined that it doesn’t have anything to do with the work done on my car and it’s somehow related to the firmware update. They escalated it. After driving an plugging it in fore a few hours, it goes back into Jack Mode. (3 times total so far)
Anyone else with this issue on 2018.46.2?
If not, that is probably an incorrect assumption.
27F0C065-1B6F-4E73-93B5-31062E511540.jpeg

NOA is a setting that can be enabled if you have access to your car; there was a guy in the Netherlands who had it running on his car in Europe. So it's definitely as easy as changing a switch from "disabled" to "enabled".
Of course, Tesla can still set this based on geolocation.
But it was certainly nice to see it working in Europe. (Was a .39.x build).

My Download for .46.2 was around 600MB, so probably not much more than the usual firmware upgrade size of 500-550 MB useable data, more depending on the mode of measurement.

I've had a 1.3 GB download sometime between firmware updates on Germany as well, with no apparent consequence. It seems smaller maps corrections are not announced anymore.

Phantom braking events are sometimes because of updated/refreshed but not yet re-downloaded ADAS tiles, a map layer with autopilot data including whitelisted radar event locations. These are normally downloaded dynamically. If the car for some reason didn't download the file, it may brake.

My wife’s M3 had the same problem with NOA .. if you don’t have the latest version of maps downloaded NOA would not be available...

PS . You need to escalate with Tesla to have them send the latest version to your car. It CANT be done at the service center ...

Bobby
I was flummoxed because Tesla service kept telling me I had the latest maps. Today a mobile service rep came to my car and verified the download of the latest maps never finished. I finally got NOA After he manually updated the maps from his laptop. Finally!

Thank you! Now I know I am not alone and definitely not crazy with this stuttering in Spotify! Will try to disable Satelite view... may be it helps!

Similar here. My Slacker music is fine, but not playing my FLAC files from USB stutters and sputters. Web browser also crashes easily behind the screen. V9 definitely is overloading the system, maybe the big live background is the scapegoat. Hope V10 can remove the live background. Besides, where is the in-car app that can show Tesla solar production? :)

Reactions: Dragetreneren
I just wish they would fix their iOS app so that it will stop forcing you to log in once a month, or at least fix it so that you can use the password from the keychain without having to log out completely (whereupon the app shows a dire warning about losing data).

I ran in to this mysterious logged out issue a few days ago on my Android phone, it's not an iOS only issue.

Well this is weird. The tesla app on my iPhone does not make me log in once a month...ive been logged in for multiple months now.