Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.46.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the update for 2018.46.2 last night and noticed this on the main display this morning:
Assuming this senses occupancy and disables rear climate. Other than that, not clear if there are any UI or functionality changes.
Interesting as I just got 2018.46.2 last night as well (X 100D). That msg use to be in the old interface but only when you'd bring up the rear HVAC controls (as I recall).

I also got 46.2 last night. No download activity after it downloaded the ~700MB update. Then I did a short 30 minute trip this afternoon, and ever since the car is back and on wifi it's been downloading. It is now at 1.3GB after 2 hours and counting.

I already have the latest European maps (the ~7GB download a few months ago). Are there newer maps? Anyone else seeing this?

JHAYGDz.png

The tall peak is the 2018.46.2 download early this morning.

pb91Iou.png
I know that familiar (Unifi) interface... :) Where did you go to get that graph of usage above? Is that for the client or the overall gateway?

I would still like to see Tesla add for additional remote security a list of 'trusted devices' the car will allow to log in even if the password is correct. Pretty much every device these days implements such a thing therefore it shouldn't be too hard.

I just wish they would fix their iOS app so that it will stop forcing you to log in once a month, or at least fix it so that you can use the password from the keychain without having to log out completely (whereupon the app shows a dire warning about losing data).

Got the update last night on the X. During the morning commute, I didn't notice any skipping during song playback, so that's looking promising.

I'll update again after the commute home because there's one other fix that's supposed to be included with this release that I've been waiting for.

46.x was slated to fix the issue where if you lose LTE connection for awhile (e.g., parking in an underground garage) that it'll reconnect when it can. Previously, it seemed that it wouldn't reconnect until you rebooted using the scroll wheels, or parked where there was signal allowing it to go to sleep.

That is for the client. There is a link on desktop web browsers when you view the client. I forget the exact link but I'm sure you can find it. PM me if you can't.
"Show Historical Data" I bet is the link you're referring to. In order to collect that data for each client, it has to be enabled (which isn't recommended for CloudKey because they're POS). I enabled it anyway :)

Reactions: SeBsZ
I just wish they would fix their iOS app so that it will stop forcing you to log in once a month, or at least fix it so that you can use the password from the keychain without having to log out completely (whereupon the app shows a dire warning about losing data).
I ran in to this mysterious logged out issue a few days ago on my Android phone, it's not an iOS only issue.

I got 46.2 last night and noticed that my dash cam icon shows the red dot again. It had the gray X for a while and I hadn't bothered to fix it myself so hopefully they figured out how to recover the USB drive from the corrupted state.