Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Easter Egg won't activate which is the issue. Can't get the "Bring it on" prompt to come up.
I’m sorry you are having this issue. I tested mine today and the Ludicrous+ button worked and I could launch it. I then used the Easter egg and got the screen for the warming of the battery. Once it warmed up I had the power readouts and everything continued to work like before. I’m curious if I would not have used the Easter egg if it would have gave me the readouts once the battery fully warmed up. Will try that next time. Hopefully your issue will be addressed in the next update!

I’m sorry you are having this issue. I tested mine today and the Ludicrous+ button worked and I could launch it. I then used the Easter egg and got the screen for the warming of the battery. Once it warmed up I had the power readouts and everything continued to work like before. I’m curious if I would not have used the Easter egg if it would have gave me the readouts once the battery fully warmed up. Will try that next time. Hopefully your issue will be addressed in the next update!

Do you have a P100D? From what I can tell the issue is only as to P85Ds and P90Ds.

Any idea what the update is?
I just got 8.6 as well, at first no AP(?!?!?!) but after going to the AP menu and turning off/on EAP and NOA, all came back just fine after driving around for a couple of minutes. But yeah, no further release notes so probably bug fixes although - and I'm unsure if my imagination or what - the "press brake when this message disappears" waiting period before being able to start the car seemed much shorter. Will re-test this tom'w to be sure...

Here is a follow up on a conversation I had related to my "Blindspot detection limited Camera visibility reduced" issue

From my 4/4/2019 SC Visit:
Tesla remoted in to my X prior to my visit & seemed to already know what to do.
Here is the SC log, and the part they replaced:

Customer states received update 2019.8.3. New dialog appears constantly while in Drive: “Blindspot detection limited Camera visibility reduced"
Found during service that faults with LH repeater camera were present. Connections were solid to all cameras, replaced repeater camera due to issues. Confirmed during final test drive that blindspot, autosteer and other features are working as expected.
Correction: Blind Spot Warning General Diagnosis
Correction: Lamp - Side Repeater - Front - LH
Parts Replaced or Added
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER (LH) (1034344-00- 1 B)

Hope this helps someone. That yellow warning sign on your dash is quite a distraction.
-TechVP

Got 2019.8.5 last night, updated from 2018.50.6, 2016 AP2 Model S75D. Very disappointed with TACC on the freeway today, lots of phantom breaking. Looks like it was having problem with shadows on the road.

I’m sorry about your broken ghosts. I can only imagine the mess caused by the ectoplasm leaking onto the freeway. Personally, my TACC experience last night was excellent and no ghosts were harmed either!;)

Here is a follow up on a conversation I had related to my "Blindspot detection limited Camera visibility reduced" issue

From my 4/4/2019 SC Visit:
Tesla remoted in to my X prior to my visit & seemed to already know what to do.
Here is the SC log, and the part they replaced:

Customer states received update 2019.8.3. New dialog appears constantly while in Drive: “Blindspot detection limited Camera visibility reduced"
Found during service that faults with LH repeater camera were present. Connections were solid to all cameras, replaced repeater camera due to issues. Confirmed during final test drive that blindspot, autosteer and other features are working as expected.
Correction: Blind Spot Warning General Diagnosis
Correction: Lamp - Side Repeater - Front - LH
Parts Replaced or Added
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER (LH) (1034344-00- 1 B)

Hope this helps someone. That yellow warning sign on your dash is quite a distraction.
-TechVP

Also got the “Blindspot detection limited Camera visibility reduced" after updating from 50.6 to 8.5. Maybe 8.6 I got hours later will fix it and not a camera fault for me?

Also got the “Blindspot detection limited Camera visibility reduced" after updating from 50.6 to 8.5. Maybe 8.6 I got hours later will fix it and not a camera fault for me?

I had the same blindspot error upon updating from 2018.50.6 to 2019.8.3; solution was to replace the LH (Driver's Side Repeater Camera) and pull some logs. The error didn't go away right away, but as some logs were pulled from the car it finally went away.

I've since updated to 8.4 and on to 8.5 and have not had the issue since.

• Informative
Reactions: TK16688 and TechVP
Are you sure it’s broken? You still have to activate the Easter Egg and select “bring it on”, even if you have the ludicrous+ button selected.

No you don't, just launched my P100D a couple of times the other day on 2018.8.4 only pushing Ludicrous+. You do however have to have the suspension in Low Mode, which I am betting is what people are forgetting.