Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 8.1 2018.34.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After update to 2018.34.1 on Thursday 9/13. On Friday 9/14, after driving about 5', the A/C suddenly pumping air only without cool in a 100s afternoon. I did couple reset but not working so, get out my car leave it for 30' then everything back to normal. Also, the charging port door error message removed (this has been very annoy to me for awhile).
condenser freezes, if left on too long. It's super annoying and they are working on a fix. I turn off preconditioning in super hot weather and avoid camper mode when I go in the store and it eliminated the problem.

I received my 3 on the 10th with 34.1 already installed. I haven't driven much, but haven't experienced any issues with auto pilot, AC, etc. that are mentioned here. Couple of observations from my 8-days of driving,

1. Door entry/exit with my Samsung S9+ works well except in a couple of instances where I had to wake up my phone app to unlock 3.
2. We have had a lot of rain in the last 4-5 days. Wiper sensors seem to do a decent job, but wiper itself is not heavy enough to wipe all water off the windshield. In fact I observed the same in other makes/models that I drove as well and the best so far is Infiniti QX60.

Can you please explain? Just picked mine up today and the steering wheel is off center.

I thought it was this: Model 3 Pulling to Right (FW Bug!) but upon reading that thread more it seems like their experience is that the car actually pulls to the right. Mine is just slightly off center. I used to see the autopilot steering wheel slightly off center too so I thought it was just firmware. Now I'm not sure.

I thought it was this: Model 3 Pulling to Right (FW Bug!) but upon reading that thread more it seems like their experience is that the car actually pulls to the right. Mine is just slightly off center. I used to see the autopilot steering wheel slightly off center too so I thought it was just firmware. Now I'm not sure.
mine was off centre too (May 3rd build date). I had a mobile tech fix it. It's fine now.

Yeah, it’s weird. Steering wheel is not exactly center but turned to the right when wheels are straight ahead. Not sure if it’s an alignment issue or if they actually have to pull the wheel to straighten it?

Yeah, it’s weird. Steering wheel is not exactly center but turned to the right when wheels are straight ahead. Not sure if it’s an alignment issue or if they actually have to pull the wheel to straighten it?
Oh I thought this was just my car having this issue. Yes. When going straight the steering wheel is slightly pointed to the right.

I did t want to take it in since it might cause more problems than not.

Wow really? So there may have been a bad install of all the wheels from the factory during May builds?
Dunno. Weird thing is.. i watched him do it. And its actually very easy to fix.

Also.. it seems impossible to screw it up. There is an indicator on the steering column and the wheel. Just line them up and its perfect. So.. idk how they screwed it up at the factory...

I've definitely had emergency stops when nothing is in front of me on the highway at least twice while using TACC on 34.1. Never had that problem previously. Once was during the day with the sun out while the other was at night.