Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 8.1 2018.34.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, I hate to say it.:( But,"You sound like you LYING"!!!!o_O

I can't tell if that's a line from a movie or something as I don't get it haha. I wish I was lying, but tis the truth. :) Very sensitive to fast motion or hard stops due to an ear injury as a child. Didn't help that due to traffic the 45 minute trip took 2.5 hours so bumper to bumper stop and go the whole time. (And who am I kidding, ever since getting this car I'm addicted to hammering the accelerator and blasting off, it never gets old!!!)

I just find the AP stops hard, no matter what follow distance I set. If the car ahead stops the AP seems to slam on the brakes, definitely harder than I would myself.

Reactions: Tezlah
I was warned by my partner that I'm never allowed to use AP or regen braking with him in the car again as when we got home he opened the door and threw up in the driveway saying he won't be going in my car again any time soon. :/

There are a lot of threads on all Tesla models with people who might be susceptible to motion sickness being extremely pronounced in a Tesla. These are the suggestions as you mentioned some of them already:

1. Set "Regen" to "Low".
2. Enable "Creep" mode.
3. Enable "Chill" mode.
4. Do not use TACC and/or EAP.

That should minimize the effects though it may not completely stop someone from getting motion sickness. If all else fails...

5. 100mg of Dramamine about 30 minutes before getting into the car.

There are a lot of threads on all Tesla models with people who might be susceptible to motion sickness being extremely pronounced in a Tesla. These are the suggestions as you mentioned some of them already:

1. Set "Regen" to "Low".
2. Enable "Creep" mode.
3. Enable "Chill" mode.
4. Do not use TACC and/or EAP.

That should minimize the effects though it may not completely stop someone from getting motion sickness. If all else fails...

5. 100mg of Dramamine about 30 minutes before getting into the car.

Thanks haha. Yeah it doesn't bother me at all, but then again I'm kinda biased. All four wheels could fall off the car as I'm driving down the highway and I'd still be yelling "TESLA FOR LIFE!!!" haha.

Regen I def set to low, but then I'd sneak it back periodically as I hate not having it now. I got used to not having to use the brake so much and really love regen, but that is by far the worst culprit.

Creep mode I keep on also, as I did try it off but I find it is easier backing into a space or pulling into my garage with it on.

Chill I tried quick but didn't really notice what it did but I will try that again for sure.

And damn, no EAP is no fun, but it definitely was one of the main issues as it just stops very hard and then accelerates quick. Was just fun getting to try EAP as I'm finally comfortable with it where I can relax and enjoy it, vs having my foot hover over the brake shaking like crazy with my hands hovering over the wheel ready to manually grab it when it drives straight through a turn. Haven't had any issues yet!

Is your seatbelt warning audible? When a passenger on mine didn't have theirs on it was playing the alarm before. Yesterday I drove the car to show family and had 3 people in the back seat and noticed the touchscreen was showing all of them unbuckled but there was no audio alert or anything like that. Just a picture of the back seat showing red X through them.

I’m getting audible and on-screen alerts for the back seat. Not the front passenger seat...

34.1 has made walk away lock almost useless for me. I have no idea what they did, but it has gone from almost never failing on whatever version I had before this to almost never working (that's not an exaggeration, it fails much more often than it works) since the 34.1 update.

this whole phone key fiasco is by far the most frustrating piece of tech I've ever had to deal with. it's just a complete disaster. the rumored fob can't come soon enough.

Reactions: McFlurri
34.1 has made walk away lock almost useless for me. I have no idea what they did, but it has gone from almost never failing on whatever version I had before this to almost never working (that's not an exaggeration, it fails much more often than it works) since the 34.1 update.

this whole phone key fiasco is by far the most frustrating piece of tech I've ever had to deal with. it's just a complete disaster. the rumored fob can't come soon enough.
Three more days.

I had a similar problem when I updated to .32 but I re-paired my phone with it and haven't had a problem since. Maybe a placebo effect, but I've seen other reports of needing to re-pair on updates occasionally.

Hmm, I have a software update pending. Guessing it's just 2018.36, but my car downloaded well over 2 GB this hour. Highest day in the last month was 600 MB. This one's a biggie in size, even if not in features.

After update to 2018.34.1 on Thursday 9/13. On Friday 9/14, after driving about 5', the A/C suddenly pumping air only without cool in a 100s afternoon. I did couple reset but not working so, get out my car leave it for 30' then everything back to normal. Also, the charging port door error message removed (this has been very annoy to me for awhile).

I just find the AP stops hard, no matter what follow distance I set. If the car ahead stops the AP seems to slam on the brakes, definitely harder than I would myself.
Don't understand how its doing that at all. Are you sure you're on 2018.34.1?
I've found a marked difference between follow distance set on 1 and on 7.
5-7 is MUCH smoother and even then it never slams on the brakes unless the car in front does something stupid.
34.1 has definitely improved AP performance in traffic.