Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 8.1 2018.34.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
images

I'm previously on 32.2. I tried to apply an update this morning. It failed, and said to contact the service center. And my AutoPilot didn't work. So I called the Service Center, they sent down another update. I tried to apply it, but it also failed. My autopilot still doesn't work, but I'm getting messages that Emergency Braking, Regenerative Braking, and Traction Control are not working.

I called Tesla again and they said they are working on a fix and will push it out as soon as they have it ready. Might be a few days. I hope I don't need emergency braking or traction control in the meantime.

Updated last night, worked as expected. One short drive, the outside temperature sensor seems to be more accurate, and the steering wheel slightly to the right appears to be better. I could be wrong and I need to drive more to confirm.

Installed it last night..nothing new noticed except USB resume playback on door open seemed to work 100% sofar.
I upgraded as well and the USB source is no different than before. When returning to the car the source switches over to bluetooth. In the 5 months since I got the car USB resumption has only worked a few times and I use it quite a bit.

62B0AE04-3260-4777-9800-33BCE0893DCF.jpeg
Installed this evening without any issues. Took it for a quick drive to the grocery store.

The green regen bar seems a little harder to “grow,” and regen seems not as strong. But my efficiency on a normally high regen urban route was largely unchanged.

Also, I noticed a speaker icon pop up under the autopilot icon when I was stopped at lights/stop signs. It would come and go, much like the autopilot icon. I may have never noticed it before, but I’m not sure what it’s indicating. Took a quick snap.

View attachment 334164 [snip]

Also, I noticed a speaker icon pop up under the autopilot icon when I was stopped at lights/stop signs. It would come and go, much like the autopilot icon. I may have never noticed it before, but I’m not sure what it’s indicating. Took a quick snap.

That speaker icon is for the ultrasonic sensors. If you don't want it making a warning sound whenever it detects a close object, you can tap that icon to disable the auditory warnings.

• Informative
Reactions: woodisgood