Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software version 17.34 2448cfc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I presume this was via appointment?

Yes, I had an appointment for a few warranty issues (one of them being the speed limit issue). I asked about the firmware right away and they warned me that they will plug my vehicle in right away to check for an update, however, if my VIN wasn't yet 'up' in the queue then I may not get the update. I was told the queue is determined by Tesla and not the service center. To my relief, minutes after they took the car the app notified me that an update was available.

Yes, I had an appointment for a few warranty issues (one of them being the speed limit issue). I asked about the firmware right away and they warned me that they will plug my vehicle in right away to check for an update, however, if my VIN wasn't yet 'up' in the queue then I may not get the update. I was told the queue is determined by Tesla and not the service center. To my relief, minutes after they took the car the app notified me that an update was available.
Notification comes after the update has finished downloading and been verified. I guess it could take a few minutes to download at the SC if the WiFi connection is fast enough.

Notification comes after the update has finished downloading and been verified. I guess it could take a few minutes to download at the SC if the WiFi connection is fast enough.

It was within 5 minutes of me leaving my vehicle and I was the first customer to arrive that day. He did say the first thing they do is plug it in. It took 1h40min to install later that evening.

Any 75D owners who bought before the drive unit speed improvements notice faster "uncorked" 0-60 times with this or recent version?

Seems like some older inventory and used models are listing with new 4.4 times. So there is definitely some discrepancy still.

Maybe the floodgates are opening again? I just got a software update notification ,was on 2017.28 before. Expecting it to be 2017.34. (EDIT: Yup, was 2017.34, same release)

Been continuously trying to get this update since last week with no success. Can't tell if it's the floodgates opening, or I wrote the right number of whiny emails to my SC.... Gonna assume it's the latter and write a bot to do this based off TeslaFi notifications.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: vandacca
I've received his update yesterday on my classic (non-AP) MS. One thing that was very noticeable is substantial reduction in power draw on the cabin overheat protection. The original set-point when this feature was introduced was 120 Deg. F, but it was then reduced to about 100 Deg. F, with the dramatic increase in power consumption. It appears that with this update the set-point is changed back to about 120 Deg. F, which results in substantial reduction in power draw.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
I've received his update yesterday on my classic (non-AP) MS. One thing that was very noticeable is substantial reduction in power draw on the cabin overheat protection. The original set-point when this feature was introduced was 120 Deg. F, but it was then reduced to about 100 Deg. F, with the dramatic increase in power consumption. It appears that with this update the set-point is changed back to about 120 Deg. F, which results in substantial reduction in power draw.
100 was probably overkill. The original reason for COP was to protect the electronics from being damaged in very high heat. Somehow the message got blurred into people thinking it was primarily for safety of occupants that may have been left in there by mistake and for more comfort on returning to the car sooner, so perhaps Tesla responded accordingly. 120 seems fine to protect electronics.

100 was probably overkill. The original reason for COP was to protect the electronics from being damaged in very high heat. Somehow the message got blurred into people thinking it was primarily for safety of occupants that may have been left in there by mistake and for more comfort on returning to the car sooner, so perhaps Tesla responded accordingly. 120 seems fine to protect electronics.

Totally agree. I also think that the original plan was to eventually have this temperature settable.

The change in set-point had dramatic effect on the associated power draw. Based on my initial observation it went down 4 to 5 times!

Reactions: conman
After I had the gall to complain my office is too hot, I think I managed to get on some HVAC guy’s bad side and now my office is like 62 degrees all day long.

So sometimes I go to my car for a heat soak and to dial into conference calls. I have done so with just Cabin Overheat Prevention running before and at the 105F setpoint in the California sun, it literally runs the AC for 5-10 seconds every minute or so. Definitely not a trivial energy consumer on hot days.

I still wish it’s settable because I actually prefer the lower temps so my car isn’t scorching hot when I go into it a few times a day. But I do go out of my way to turn it off during road trips.

Massive improvement to AP1 for me. My two biggest complaints on my 50 mile one way commute are veering over lines into oncoming traffic over crests or hills and how it speeds into sharp turns and slams the breaks in the middle usually going over a line. One of these is fixed. It now gracefully slows into a curve and gently accelerates out never crossing a line. It still tries to run me head on into traffic over hills. There is also a subtle font change so hopefully a ui change is near.

Just for fun, quick notes as someone on AP2 coming from 2017.28:

- Lane holding does seem slightly smoother though I had no previous complaints about that.
- Second car in front is back and greatly appreciated — noticeably smoother in stop-and-go traffic if the guy right in front of you is a tailgater.
- City is honestly about the same as before, intersections are dicey, but it's tracking sharper curves better than before.
- Seems much less prone to being off-center / out-of-lane in very low speed situations. Yay! That was one of my biggest complaints with 2017.28.
- Approaching stopped cars is somewhat better though it acquires stationary cars much later than AP1 would. I'd estimate AP2 sees stopped cars around 300ft ahead while AP1 is able to start reacting to them 500-700ft ahead.
- Overall in terms of lane or stopped car recognition, I'm honestly seeing equivalent performance to 2017.28. I would suspect the neural net did not change in 2017.34 either, just like 2017.28, 2017.32.x….

Overall it seems like refinements to the control algorithm.