Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software version 17.34 2448cfc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 34. a couple of days ago. Only been doing short errands since. Have been very impressed with the 'in town' performance. Smoothly goes through intersections, tracked well on a road with only a double yellow in the center and no side lines at all. Kept a good clearance to the center lines and showed no issues with parked cars or lack thereof. I did get a little wobble on one wide intersection with no markings but it sorted it very well.

I got a P indication while waiting at a red light with cars on both sides and front and back. I wonder what could have triggered that.?? LOL

I dont make a habit of using AP (AP2 car) in town but was just trying it out since I read so many bad things about in town behavior. (with hands on the wheel ready for any untoward movement)
I got the same Park symbol while stopped at a red light this morning. Had to do a head scratch over that one. :confused:

With this release, the car seems much more prone to phantom braking - braking down to 9mph with no obstruction directly ahead, but with a vehicle in an adjacent lane.

Haven't been rear-ended. Yet.

Car was just in for service (half shafts replaced at 19K miles) - no faults/alerts for any of the sensors or otherwise.

Reactions: Raincloud
Got it this morning, too. Seems a little more centered in lane, but also a little of the side to side wandering is back. Lane changes are very "human" - fast accurate smooth. Still has a lot of issues anticipating sharper freeway turns, shutting off abruptly going into them as it always has for me. And, as has been mentioned, carpool lanes with minimal side clearance still pose a big problem for AP. I don't really use AP on the street, so can't comment there...But no "exit profile" feature, no new features at all...just small changes. That said, I'm happy with that as long as they continue with relative frequency and descernable results. And I'd really like to see the side vehicles on the display, along with the side lanes, like AP! had, along with discrimination between truck images and car images as well...

Massive improvement to AP1 for me. My two biggest complaints on my 50 mile one way commute are veering over lines into oncoming traffic over crests or hills and how it speeds into sharp turns and slams the breaks in the middle usually going over a line. One of these is fixed. It now gracefully slows into a curve and gently accelerates out never crossing a line. It still tries to run me head on into traffic over hills. There is also a subtle font change so hopefully a ui change is near.
Agreed, much improved AP1 for me too.
More sure-footed on winding multi-lane city roads.

Same and for the first time the notification of a software update on my phone said it arrived at 1.30 am local time. I know that it has to finish downloading it before it can notify me but unless it was 10s of gigabytes it wouldn't have started downloading more than an hour before. I don't see a great deal of difference in AP driving dynamics FWIW (compared to 32.6) but I believe this one logs details of your autosteer usage and send them back.
I got notification at 7:30am.

I've only driven a little so I can't vouch for any improvements or lack thereof.

I did have to slam on the brakes this morning as my car was coming in hot on stopped traffic and if the car was going to brake it would have been last second.

I've noticed that TACC works better when coming up upon slowing down traffic than with traffic that is already stopped.

I also experienced random braking this morning. Luckily no-one was behind me. It's only a matter of time before I get rear ended. Have there been any reports of any rear endings as a result of these phantom obstacles?

Weird easy entry seat behavior after update. The front LH seat won't go forward with the LH 2nd row one touch entry but the RH front seat goes instead. RH side front and 2nd work together as they're supposed to. Also, Xmas Easter egg just plays about three notes and stops.

I did have only one wing mirror folding after an earlier update but that was fixed with a subsequent update.

This AP2.0 is a joke, it is still unusable, failed!! This morning, my car jump itself into the next lane while trying to follow the curve.

Then, the car is still trying run itself into the left concrete wall on a carpool lane, this especially worse when facing the sun.

As for the parking at red light, I got that with .32, doesn't seem like a new bug to me with .34.

I mean, at the point, I am f... Piss. If I knew how much Tesla is failing on this AP2.0, I would have waited to buy my X. They are not being honest.

I was just about to post but ok at least I'm glad I'm not the only one....My car literally entered the opposing traffic lane while navigating a curve (about 75% of the car was in the wrong lane). No one was coming from the opposite direction luckily so I got it on video....
Am I the only one who is beyond disappointed? I could have kept my Non AP model S and if I knew this AP2.0 turns out to be a disaster.

I do not regret getting an X, But I would have waited out another year or so before my trade in.

Weird easy entry seat behavior after update. The front LH seat won't go forward with the LH 2nd row one touch entry but the RH front seat goes instead. RH side front and 2nd work together as they're supposed to.
Did you contact Tesla about your front RH seat moving forward when LH 2nd row is moved for 3rd row access? Certainly looks like a software bug. Likely related to RH drivers seat. Re: Location: Perth, Western Australia

Cracks me up how one post talks about how great it is, the next talking about how bad it is.....seems very odd to me. Guess it's all about perceptions and expectations.
Because we are all located in different regions, different route to work, different road conditions and many other factors that changes the behavior of this stupid AP2.0

Could this mean what AP1 can "see" now is all it will ever be able to or are they still able to add new objects and image recognition capabilities?
My understanding is AP1’s ability to see has never been able to change. What could change was the software interpreting the neural net and that seems to be gradually improved over the years. For example, AP1’s hardware has always been advertised by MobileEye as being able to distinguish bikes and trucks from cars but the ability to show that in AP1 didn’t arrive at first.