Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WP_20151117_10_14_49_Pro.jpg

Finally registered and on the road! A self spot, but it's better than not being spotted at all.

This would make about 10 identified on this thread for NZ?

Started noticing two versions of the chrome rear strip with tesla embossed in it. The difference is the size and shape of the cutouts that protrude into the rear light area. I thought it was a D car thing, but the car above rego musk has the elongated cutout, which is what 85's generally have.

Started noticing two versions of the chrome rear strip with tesla embossed in it. The difference is the size and shape of the cutouts that protrude into the rear light area. I thought it was a D car thing, but the car above rego musk has the elongated cutout, which is what 85's generally have.

They changed the shape of that chrome piece a couple of months ago to address the moisture issue. The new version no longer have a plastic lens covering the cutout, so there's nothing to trap moisture in.

They changed the shape of that chrome piece a couple of months ago to address the moisture issue. The new version no longer have a plastic lens covering the cutout, so there's nothing to trap moisture in.
That being the case, I wonder whether we should press for a retrofit since this is an annoying issue. Trouble is, I also have the word " signature" on mine. Mind you, it is barely visible, anyway. I probably could get a vinyl sign made with the colour to match my paint.