Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted at Rooty Hill (Sydney)

Tesla Sydney 05.jpg

image.jpeg
First of the three phase interceptors?

Lol, very clever

That looks very close to the original. Was it a toy or actually driven regularly?

I believe the original was an XB GT Coupe that is now in a Miami museum, the one in the photo is an XC coupe cobbled together with as many cheap spares to look like the car half way through the second movie it has a 351 cubic inch with straight through pipes, very loud and unroadworthy, even has the extra fuel tanks in the boot, luckily the property is a long way from sensitive ears, Rockastansky just backed it out on the track for a photo.

Spotted this morning in Mount Waverley in Melbourne. Odd that it had no version badge - I haven't researched what that means it is? View attachment 223805
It probably is what the previous answers have said. It's also possible it's for the same reason I had my S debadged at the factory, which was that I didn't like battery size as a designator. The logic being that I expected in the life of the vehicle that it may well change. That now seems less likely for the reasons I'd imagined (battery degradation and replacement) but ironically now happens a lot more for completely different reasons (upgrading software limited models) :) I also just like the cleaner look at the back with just 'Model S'.

Last edited: