Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday morning, my EDD was May - slipped a few days before... last night, my VIN came in and my car is ready for pickup this Saturday. Go figure...

I did call Tesla and email my SA in the morning to see if the slippage was due to some info needed. I never heard back from my SA, but the person on the Tesla number said the delays were covid related. Maybe inquiring helped. Hard to say.

Yesterday morning, my EDD was May - slipped a few days before... last night, my VIN came in and my car is ready for pickup this Saturday. Go figure...

I did call Tesla and email my SA in the morning to see if the slippage was due to some info needed. I never heard back from my SA, but the person on the Tesla number said the delays were covid related. Maybe inquiring helped. Hard to say.
Can you post your order date and the beginning of vin? I’m in No VA, so the same area. My edd has been sitting in April for a few weeks.

I realize that. I was on hold for about 45 days, and I'd not expect to be first in line after coming off hold. Tesla stuck with that February-March delivery date for almost a month, so just found it interesting that it would shift that much, and is now more closely aligned with a brand new order. I'm not sweating it though, I locked in pricing at much less than they are going for now.
My SA said you don’t get bumped to the end of the line. I took my hold off on 12/29 and I’m taking delivery Feb 2-5.

Reactions: MR F
How long did it take for your wall connector to arrive? Mine is stuck since last Thursday at the Tracy FedEx location and hasn’t come out. My pet liner entered Tracy yesterday and left today so I’m thinking the WC got lost. On Thursday it also said “Shipment exception: Barcode label unreadable and replaced, TRACY, California, US”
I ordered it back in September, after it being out of stock, once it shipped it arrived a couple of days later.

Can you post your order date and the beginning of vin? I’m in No VA, so the same area. My edd has been sitting in April for a few weeks.
Ordered 9/8
Delayed when I got a 12/2 delivery date
Removed the hold a couple of weeks later
VIN: 156xxx
Somewhat out of the norm, I'm hoping for the old processor. The screen in my MY is plenty snappy, and I don't want the range hit, nor higher consumption preconditioning or "idling."

I am quite pleased about the 60 kWh LFP and heated steering wheel / rear seats. The September $40,990 price for blue is nice as well.

Blue/black, 18", no FSD.

Last edited:
Ordered 9/8
Delayed when I got a 12/2 delivery date
Removed the hold a couple of weeks later
VIN: 156xxx
Somewhat out of the norm, I'm hoping for the old processor. The screen in my MY is plenty snappy, and I don't want the range hit, nor higher consumption preconditioning or "idling."

I am quite pleased about the 60 kWh LFP and heated steering wheel / rear seats. The September $40,990 price for blue is nice as well.

Blue/black, 18", no FSD.
Thanks. I’m very similar. 9/16 OD held in December. I’m hoping for a delivery in late Feb early Mar

I'm back in the queue waiting.

After many EDD changes, I was scheduled to get the car on Jan 17. On that day, I was informed that the car has damage on the front bumper. Was told (via text) that it will be replaced with a new one and the car will be ready on Jan 24. I scheduled another pickup date to Jan 25. 2 hours before the pickup time, I received another call telling me that the damage was more serious and more parts are being ordered. This pushes back the new delivery date to Feb 7.

It is so unfortunate. I decided to not accept this car and go back in the queue for a new one. This ordering process really put my patience to a test.

Reactions: MR F
I'm back in the queue waiting.

After many EDD changes, I was scheduled to get the car on Jan 17. On that day, I was informed that the car has damage on the front bumper. Was told (via text) that it will be replaced with a new one and the car will be ready on Jan 24. I scheduled another pickup date to Jan 25. 2 hours before the pickup time, I received another call telling me that the damage was more serious and more parts are being ordered. This pushes back the new delivery date to Feb 7.

It is so unfortunate. I decided to not accept this car and go back in the queue for a new one. This ordering process really put my patience to a test.
If you un-accept the car, when is your new delivery date? Feb 7? Are you still paying the old price?