Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There must have been a lot of orders between October 8 and October 24....
On October 8, someone else from this forum ordered the exact same car as me and already received it. And I havent even gotten a VIN.
It doesn't mean anything of the sort. I'm aware of three RWD orders who were later OD in January, identical cars, same state and they have their cars already. There is no rhyme or reason.

Reactions: Johnsson90
As usual anything can happen , cannot believe they pushed date to 21 now, , excatly 24 hours before my pick up which suppose to be may 17 4 pm @Vaughan locaion,

send me SMS that date has changed - my insurance is started from tomorrow and bank draft is ready for down payment.

As usual - i cannot say i should not think this will happen :mad:
Was it cause of the charge port?

That is a nice thought but some of us are dealing with very tough mitigating circumstances. For example, I have no vehicle right now.

I don't know how much watching the EDD is going to help your situation. If you want a car right now, perhaps explore the possibility of buying a used car, or a non-Tesla? Dealerships exist for a reason; they have cars available immediately.

• Disagree
Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
I ordered a rwd on 04/09 edd is 08/07 to 09/18 but i really want to change awd if it could bump my edd closer..are there anybody out here the changed their order to awd and did it push their edd or did it bump them forward?i spoke to a tesla SA and she said they dont know until 24 hours when the change is applied..

I ordered a rwd on 04/09 edd is 08/07 to 09/18 but i really want to change awd if it could bump my edd closer..are there anybody out here the changed their order to awd and did it push their edd or did it bump them forward?i spoke to a tesla SA and she said they dont know until 24 hours when the change is applied..
You may want to ask in the LR AWD waiting room, since people who switch from SR to LR often move over to that room.

Reactions: Soosh
From previous posts I’ve seen, you will likely receive your car 4-8 months earlier if you switch to LR.

Reactions: MtlMV
That is a nice thought but some of us are dealing with very tough mitigating circumstances. For example, I have no vehicle right now.
Got no car either, I've been using the bus system to commute to work. I feel your pain it is brutal (especially with the down pouring rain in seattle), but an 8 month wait from your order date is what it is. Hope you get your car in due time though.

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
I don't know how much watching the EDD is going to help your situation. If you want a car right now, perhaps explore the possibility of buying a used car, or a non-Tesla? Dealerships exist for a reason; they have cars available immediately.
I guess it does as much for me as asking this does for you - nothing. I’m aware of how cars are sold and what my options are. But if I’m dropping $45K, I don’t think asking for a crumb of accurate information, from the company with whom I’m interacting, is too much to ask. These aren’t wild expectations – I need to plan my life with some accuracy. Multi-month swings and delays without end just simply won’t do. They’re making billions - they can and should do better. If you find this acceptable by all means lean in but don’t dole out vague criticism poorly disguised as (unsolicited) advice.

Last edited:
I guess it does as much for me as asking this does for you - nothing. I’m aware of how cars are sold and what my options are. But if I’m dropping $45K, I don’t think asking for a crumb of accurate information, from the company with whom I’m interacting, is too much to ask. These aren’t wild expectations – I need to plan my life with some accuracy. Multi-month swings and delays without end just simply won’t do. They’re making billions - they can and should do better. If you find this acceptable by all means lean in but don’t dole out vague criticism poorly disguised as (unsolicited) advice.
Perhaps this was a poor attempt because I ended up upsetting you, and I apologize for that, but I was trying to suggest a way for you to not be so frustrated - ditch Tesla and go for something else. This is the way Tesla does business, and if you don’t like it, you can protest with your wallet. I didn’t realize you were just venting, and I do not mean to criticize your choice.