Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it helps you guys feel any better the LR I had delivered from MA to FL (and paid the $2,000 shipping fee for) doesn’t have the charge port that they forgot to mention. Car has a hold on it until charge ports come in May 27th is the ETA. I was told this car was ready to go. Talk about communication and forthrightness :)
Another tale of Tesla's poor logistics does not make me feel better. I hope they sort out your car soon.

Reactions: canasion35
Even after a VIN assignment you could be effected by the charge port issue...even in the LR forum some are waiting 2+ weeks for the charge port to be installed after the delivery center receives the car....
Yup I'm in my 4th week after getting VIN, still no delivery scheduled. Visited tesla store on the weekend, they could see the car is at the location and should be ready this week (because of charge port issue) but I doubt even the local guy knew any details. EDD changes daily to the current day + 4 days.

Based of the recent post it looks that even if you were lucky enough to get a VIN you still need to wait. I feel for all of you with that hopefully last pain.

For those following my Dasboard, I've added a section, at the end of the Tesla M3 Survey Statistics : Dashboard and Tesla M3 Survey Statistics : Dashboard-Phone, showing a recap of what vehicule was VINed the day before. It makes it easier to compare your order with the one that got VINed. Enjoy!

Reactions: Soosh
My Tesla Model 3 has been in Lathrop since 4/25. I finally some good NEWS - I stopped by Fresno Tesla to once again check on the status. They asked for my RN and and to my surprise it had just arrived. It still has to be inspected and detailed. The SA asked if I wanted to see it. Absolutely! He drove it out to the street to let me check it out. Matrix headlights confirmed. I'm hoping to pick it on Thursday!
IMG_1025.jpg

My Tesla Model 3 has been in Lathrop since 4/25. I finally some good NEWS - I stopped by Fresno Tesla to once again check on the status. They asked for my RN and and to my surprise it had just arrived. It still has to be inspected and detailed. The SA asked if I wanted to see it. Absolutely! He drove it out to the street to let me check it out. Matrix headlights confirmed. I'm hoping to pick it on Thursday!View attachment 805519

Congratulations ! Are those chrome handles btw ? Or some protective film on them ?

I upgraded my wheels to 19" today as well as interior color to white. Let's see what's going to happen with delivery date.
As of today my EDD is June 28 - August 09
OD 9/16/2021
Was trying to reach out to my SA and as usual never heard back from him. So I called general Tesla support and updated the order with their help. They also asked if I still want my SA's store to reach me out and I said yes. In an hour I received a call from Tesla Century City and they told me that there is a car matching my order and they can assign it to me. That was yesterday and today in the morning they dropped it off! As easy as that! I still can't believe this happened!

IMG_3917.jpg

If it helps you guys feel any better the LR I had delivered from MA to FL (and paid the $2,000 shipping fee for) doesn’t have the charge port that they forgot to mention. Car has a hold on it until charge ports come in May 27th is the ETA. I was told this car was ready to go. Talk about communication and forthrightness :)
Are you waiting for the delivery center in Miami by any chance?

My Tesla Model 3 has been in Lathrop since 4/25. I finally some good NEWS - I stopped by Fresno Tesla to once again check on the status. They asked for my RN and and to my surprise it had just arrived. It still has to be inspected and detailed. The SA asked if I wanted to see it. Absolutely! He drove it out to the street to let me check it out. Matrix headlights confirmed. I'm hoping to pick it on Thursday!View attachment 805519
what's your VIN if you don't mind sharing

Hi I just joined, I just wanted to share a bit of the info I got today from Tesla support.
OD 9/28/2021
VIN:4/25/2022
EDD 5/17/2022-5/21/2022

Like a few others from this area, my car is one of the problem child with no charging port module, my EDD has been changing to present day +4 since yesterday (I had previously scheduled my delivery to 5/23/2022). I've been checking in with them every 2-3 days, and today they finally mentioned that there was an estimated time of completion of 5/21/2022.

Hope this helps a bit with the anxiety of this process.

Was trying to reach out to my SA and as usual never heard back from him. So I called general Tesla support and updated the order with their help. They also asked if I still want my SA's store to reach me out and I said yes. In an hour I received a call from Tesla Century City and they told me that there is a car matching my order and they can assign it to me. That was yesterday and today in the morning they dropped it off! As easy as that! I still can't believe this happened!

View attachment 805538
I guess upgrading wheels and interior worked out for you. Congrats

Reactions: Soosh and Ca91709
Waiting in WPB
Ours is a horrible situation....waiting game part 2

The SA is Miami told me that they have almost 300 vehicles waiting for the charge port ECU. The irony is that they do not have a confirmed date for receipt of the parts atleast this month. So, I reckon that this wait is going to spill over into next month surely (atleast for the folks in Miami). Keep in mind thar there may be more delays as the retrofit shall be an additional few hundred man hours for the local SCs, besides their usual load of service and/or repairs.

Tesla eased their potential logistical pile up by shipping out the vehicles from the factory without the charge port.

I just wish that the car finally be worth this long nightmarish experience.

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac