Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great way to double anger the same people. First with the initial ridiculous timeline they couldn't keep, and now with the over corrected padding. Can't they just be somewhat more transparent?
A classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Trust me, if all of the current ICE manufacturers were producing EV in 2019/2020 instead of 2021, Tesla imho would be less arrogant/smug in parts of their business model and be more consistant from order to build to delivery.

I went to the Tesla meeting thing and was told the first thing that California deliveries will happen in the last 2 weeks in December... WTF

Yes, of course and I can't pick up much beyond the 26th or 27th - and it gets squirmy at that.

But ALL California deliveries can't possibly be done in a two week period. That's 25-30% or all Model 3's! During the one time of the year when many people are getting on planes and doing other things? What, people going to make no plans at all - on the possibility of a Tesla being delivered? You could cancel all your plans and get it delivered on the 2nd week, and then have cancelled your plans for nothing.

Yes, put your entire month of December on hold to take delivery of a car!

It makes no sense - aside from which it can't be done - certainly not with the people Tesla hires to handle deliveries. So if people aren't around, is Tesla going to be stuck with tons of inventory, etc.?

Or are they giving us a worst case scenario - so that we expect the worse and possibly better happens? All I know is if I can't pick up in late December, I will have to wait until Q1 or Q2. Perhaps cosmic forces are trying to tell me something.

A classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Trust me, if all of the current ICE manufacturers were producing EV in 2019/2020 instead of 2021, Tesla imho would be less arrogant/smug in parts of their business model and be more consistant from order to build to delivery.

Enough competition is coming out in the US in 2020 that I am surprised that Tesla isn't trying a little harder to keep their customers happy.

I agree and I think things will really heat up by 2021 when there should more offerings that are comparable to the current lineup.

Yes, and the cars that are likely coming out are SUVs and crossovers that will be in direct competition to the Model Y. So if Model Y starts to come out next summer, it will still have a lot of competition. I'm not talking pie in the sky Porsches (long waits and astronomical prices), but rather reasonable cars that will beat the typical EV's out right now (other than Tesla).

Tesla's corporate culture does translate into it's sales and delivery efforts - i.e. - not very customer oriented. It's too much stock oriented. You can't keep watching the stock market every day. We did that when I was in Biotechnology and you lose sight of what you are trying to accomplish that way.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Wow, also in San Jose and I ordered LR AWD on10/18. It appears order date means very little and everyone who ordered in Q4 from Cali will receive their cars in mid to late December.
Yes, of course and I can't pick up much beyond the 26th or 27th - and it gets squirmy at that.

But ALL California deliveries can't possibly be done in a two week period. That's 25-30% or all Model 3's! During the one time of the year when many people are getting on planes and doing other things? What, people going to make no plans at all - on the possibility of a Tesla being delivered? You could cancel all your plans and get it delivered on the 2nd week, and then have cancelled your plans for nothing.

Yes, put your entire month of December on hold to take delivery of a car!

It makes no sense - aside from which it can't be done - certainly not with the people Tesla hires to handle deliveries. So if people aren't around, is Tesla going to be stuck with tons of inventory, etc.?

Or are they giving us a worst case scenario - so that we expect the worse and possibly better happens? All I know is if I can't pick up in late December, I will have to wait until Q1 or Q2. Perhaps cosmic forces are trying to tell me something.

Completely agree. I'm not going to skip Christmas with my family (that I see twice a year) for a car. If they can't get it done before Dec 21 in my case, I'm canceling and will reconsider end of Q1. It's unfortunate, but I'm hopeful things will work out!

I placed my order on 10/4 and just rented a car today because I had to return my previous lease.

I'm going to the New Owners Workshop this week and I will ask about a delivery estimate to California. If they say "Last two weeks of December" I will cancel my order on the spot since I will be out of the country on this period.

Reactions: jonquiljo
I placed my order on 10/4 and just rented a car today because I had to return my previous lease.

I'm going to the New Owners Workshop this week and I will ask about a delivery estimate to California. If they say "Last two weeks of December" I will cancel my order on the spot since I will be out of the country on this period.

Yes, sorry about that. I think it's just a waiting game for the next month to see IF, not WHEN we will get our cars. Now that is ridiculous! Tesla is taking the most busy time of the year in many people's lives and making a mad rush to deliver cars at the last minute.

If this blows up in their face and lots of people can't pick up their cars, they will blame it on weak US demand - which is not true. It is pathetic Tesla business practice. The irony is that someone could have ordered in November on the East Coast and already gotten their car.

Of course I haven't bothered to have a wall outlet installed in my garage. I have no idea if a car will happen when I can be around to receive it. What Tesla calls their "business model" is flawed nonsense.

Its just easy to blame Tesla for all these delays, but you got to think about it. This is a new automobile start up company that hasn't been around long as Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda. They currently have 1 factory pumping out Model S,3,X, & soon Y. When you start up a new car company & the demand is high, expect delays. That just means that Tesla has a bright future & within 10-years, they will have everything down as well as more gigafactory.

Reactions: ZappCatt

Went to the workshop today. They said last three weeks of December for CA orders.

• Informative
Reactions: skydreamerjae
What if we can't take the delivery? Would we have to wait until the last 3 weeks of the next quarter? This is ridiculous.

Thats the problem. Our lives get tangled up in this ridiculous question mark. Can’t Tesla be a little more flexible? Or are we just stepping stones to Elon Musks $50B incentive package?

I’ve never experienced buying a car where I was clearly not appreciated as a customer at all. Just a little more than “roadkill” would be great!

My account updated today with "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" I'm in Florida so I know I don't pay up until I take delivery. It also states "Payment amount due at delivery". I assume this means they want to have everything ready prior to delivery but I won't be billed until I actually get the vehicle. Basically I assume they want to get me in and out in that car as quickly as they can.

I don't yet have a VIN assigned and nothing in the source code for a VIN. I'm ready to go but definitely not letting Tesla loose on my checking account until they add my trade or provide some more information.

I ordered SR+ MSM, 18" Wheels, Black Interior on 10/19.

Has anyone else gotten this update on their account recently or in the past.

My account updated today with "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" I'm in Florida so I know I don't pay up until I take delivery. It also states "Payment amount due at delivery". I assume this means they want to have everything ready prior to delivery but I won't be billed until I actually get the vehicle. Basically I assume they want to get me in and out in that car as quickly as they can.

I don't yet have a VIN assigned and nothing in the source code for a VIN. I'm ready to go but definitely not letting Tesla loose on my checking account until they add my trade or provide some more information.

I ordered MSM, 18" Wheels, Black Interior on 10/19.

Has anyone else gotten this update on their account recently or in the past.

Yeah this is the standard page info when you have fields completed and are awaiting delivery.
You're all set until you have a vin, delivery date, and confirmation.

The irony is that someone could have ordered in November on the East Coast and already gotten their car.
I ordered on 19th October (not that long ago in the grand scheme of things) on the east coast and I've gotten nothing yet, I wish I could say differently lol. Others on here have ordered way before me and got nothing then other people seem to have already gotten their cars. It does seem they like per their website they are rolling out (small) batches of vehicles to people based upon their configuration, order date and geographic location. Which has to be frustrating to those in CA so close, yet so far!

I'm confident Tesla will deliver to us all by the end of the year as their end of quarter sales depend upon it. I suspect they'll want to breach the 100,000 mark or their stocks could take a knock which will no doubt piss off shareholders. There are bigger things at play here than just a few (well more than a few) upset (and rightfully so) customers. No doubt come Christmas the majority of us will have moved on from the wait and be neck deep enjoying our new vehicles.

Personally I've filled the wait time with getting the electrical work done, buying some accessories, I've even read a fair bit of the manual and of course I've watched just about every YouTube video out there. Next is to plan out some road trips when I get the car which to be fair isn't very far out at this stage. Worst case it's 5 or 6 weeks out which just gives us all (that aren't buying outright) a few more pay checks allowing for a larger down payment.