Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During this process I've come to the conclusion that Tesla needs to revisit their method. I've had three different people handling my car purchase and none of the 3 know what the other is doing. I just called Mt Kisco in NYC to find out where my car was in the delivery process. After explaining that I've been paying insurance for almost a week without a car to go with it he asked if I wanted it today. I then said I'm in Buffalo and didn't know how that was going to happen. Come to find out the dealership had the car on the pickup list not deliver to home list. So my promised delivery today isnt happening. Waiting for a call back to try to lock down a date for sometime next week. I'm starting to get a little annoyed, although I know there's people here who don't even have a vin so maybe I shouldn't be. But seriously, why don't they just have the sales center handle this from start to finish. Seems like it would clear up a ton of confusion

Reactions: tren01t
During this process I've come to the conclusion that Tesla needs to revisit their method. I've had three different people handling my car purchase and none of the 3 know what the other is doing. I just called Mt Kisco in NYC to find out where my car was in the delivery process. After explaining that I've been paying insurance for almost a week without a car to go with it he asked if I wanted it today. I then said I'm in Buffalo and didn't know how that was going to happen. Come to find out the dealership had the car on the pickup list not deliver to home list. So my promised delivery today isnt happening. Waiting for a call back to try to lock down a date for sometime next week. I'm starting to get a little annoyed, although I know there's people here who don't even have a vin so maybe I shouldn't be. But seriously, why don't they just have the sales center handle this from start to finish. Seems like it would clear up a ton of confusion

Inside Tesla's overhaul plan for its sales and delivery teams to solve one of its toughest customer challenges

got a msg from my SA today... she said best estimate she has is my SR+ (ordered 10/27) is coming week of 12/23; My wife's SR- (ordered end of November) is coming next week. our profiles have no VINs, no delivery dates, nothing. And I can't complete my credit union paperwork till i have MVPA's. total suckage. STill in the waiting game I guess with no cars and paying Uber a ton while harrassing co-workers for rides : (

Bad news..

I got a call from Tesla Delivery saying that upon inspection of my vehicle, they noticed a large paint imperfection on the underside of the driver's rocker panel and would need time to correct it. They wanted me to accept the fact that they were going to push my delivery until Tuesday.. After going back and forth with them, I got them to offer me a Model S loaner until the vehicle is ready + a few extra accessories for the vehicle. I'm going to see if I can nudge a Tesla Wall Charger.

Sucks that I have to wait till Tuesday now.. but the Model S will keep my company :)

Anyone know what to do here? The other day on my "manage" page it was showing the insurance screen and just waiting for VIN number and order agreement. Now the page seems to have reverted back to the confirm information and trade in info page though everything is checked and ready to do. I called the delivery hub and they said everything in my account looks fine and I am waiting for a VIN. Just weird that its on this page now. I also can't really for a VIN number in the source code this way.

Reactions: arroyobass
Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 2.28.56 PM.png
Anyone know what to do here? The other day on my "manage" page it was showing the insurance screen and just waiting for VIN number and order agreement. Now the page seems to have reverted back to the confirm information and trade in info page though everything is checked and ready to do. I called the delivery hub and they said everything in my account looks fine and I am waiting for a VIN. Just weird that its on this page now. I also can't really for a VIN number in the source code this way

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 2.28.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 2.28.56 PM.png
    530.9 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: arroyobass
View attachment 487964 Anyone know what to do here? The other day on my "manage" page it was showing the insurance screen and just waiting for VIN number and order agreement. Now the page seems to have reverted back to the confirm information and trade in info page though everything is checked and ready to do. I called the delivery hub and they said everything in my account looks fine and I am waiting for a VIN. Just weird that its on this page now. I also can't really for a VIN number in the source code this way
this happened to me for a few hours this morning...and then i got a VIN

Adding my full experience for data point purposes.

Order placed on 10/30. SR+ White/black, Aero wheels and FSD. Atlanta, GA. 5-7 week wait time.

Text on 11/19 stating car would arrive 11/30-12/8.

Text on 11/26 to schedule delivery between 12/13-15. I chose 12/13.

VIN in source code the next morning. I hadn't been checking for it every day so it may have been there sooner.

Completed financial and insurance info on my profile week of 12/2-6.

I emailed the delivery coordinator at my center on 12/5 and asked about the possibility of moving my date up if the car arrived earlier. She replied that the car was to arrive 12/10 and moved my appointment up two days to 12/11.

On 12/9 the financial agreement/contract was visible on my profile. I did not accept and sign or make final payment until my appointment, after I inspected the car.

Had a few minor issues at delivery, most of which they took back to service to resolve. Because of that I was there 3 hours total. Still need to take it to get a slightly misaligned door fixed.

I received no communication from an SA or other until the confirmation call the day before. Don't think I needed it anyways, as the process was easy and any questions I had were answered by calling.

My wait time was exactly 6 weeks, so the 5-7 week estimate was good.

The car is awesome.