Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel for ya bud. Honestly, the person handling my delivery isn't even at the dealership, I wish I had a direct relationship. I was promised delivery by tomorrow if I got all the paperwork to FedEx on Tuesday, which I did. Now it's looking like sometime next week because the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. To make it worse I'm paying for insurance on a car I don't even have yet! Seems like Tesla has been frustrating a lot of people this quarter. I know they wanna keep the sales model as transparent as possible to ensure everyone pays the same price but the allowance they give representatives to close deals is kind of a joke. Hope something positive comes your way man.
Thanks, I think they certainly have some work to do to clean up the process. From this forum, it seems there are some smooth transactions but also lots of mishaps.

I guess I'll be going in the back of the line now. The manager said now I'll have to wait for the factory to make the car and send it across the US to NC. Any other cars that pop up would be same as before....either rejected, canceled, or bad financing. Just really bad to be so much later now.

Last edited:
About 36 hours from delivery, but haven’t heard anything to confirm that. Haven’t seen an MVPA pop up either. Texted my SA and heard nothing. Called the delivery center, nothing (and the VM mailbox is full, so it just hangs up). Anyone have any thoughts on how else I can try to confirm my appointment? Thanks!
I didn’t get a confirmation after scheduling my delivery (thru the text) until the night before my appointment. I didn’t get vehicle documents or the option to pay online until about 2 hours before my delivery.

Ya I was hoping there was something wrong here but just got off the phone with the store manager and they told me corporate has put out a directive that cars over 250 miles away from delivery point can't be re-transported for free. Said there was some "glitch" in the system and wasn't sure why my order was matched with this VIN. But either way, they won't transport the car to NC for free since its over 250 miles.

There was no delivery fee in MVPA. Pickup at delivery center. Only destination fee, doc fee and the other regular stuff.

They said they are removing the match from my profile and I have to go back in the queue waiting for a VIN. Beyond waiting more (after getting excited and preparing for delivery), now they said they were "hoping I'd get assigned a VIN and take delivery" before year end. So its sounds like I may screwed!

I'm thinking that you got matched to a return in Nashville somehow. It would be totally unacceptable for them to charge you more than the standard destination fee to get a brand new car. I'm just hoping it doesn't reset your spot in the queue!

Hey man! I ordered on the 28th and got sa vin like 2 days later and also an appointment at lawrence in toronto. original date was dec 17th, but 2 days ago i got bumped to the 21st. so just expect it might happen to you as well.

Thats awesome man! Im actually getting mine in Oakville (just a tad closer to home, im in the Brampton area). I guess well see regarding the delivery date, my SA did let me know it was tentative so probably could change like yours. Youre very close though!

Welcome, long time lurker and first time poster

haha thanks!

Yes! It is a waiting room, not a "I placed order yesterday and now I'm driving my new M3 and it's so awesome good luck everyone be patient" room. Sarcasm aside, it's interesting to know that Tesla appears to have sent additional inventory to some locations in order to fill immediate requests. Or so it seems.

LOL sorry man just the excitement kicking in!

Reactions: Cligadel
Ya I was hoping there was something wrong here but just got off the phone with the store manager and they told me corporate has put out a directive that cars over 250 miles away from delivery point can't be re-transported for free. Said there was some "glitch" in the system and wasn't sure why my order was matched with this VIN. But either way, they won't transport the car to NC for free since its over 250 miles.

There was no delivery fee in MVPA. Pickup at delivery center. Only destination fee, doc fee and the other regular stuff.

They said they are removing the match from my profile and I have to go back in the queue waiting for a VIN. Beyond waiting more (after getting excited and preparing for delivery), now they said they were "hoping I'd get assigned a VIN and take delivery" before year end. So its sounds like I may screwed!

Wow this actually sucks, i feel for you man

Uhmmm, I think you're ahead. In CA very few people got their cars post September order. We are just starting to see some VINS and delivery dates popping in. I ordered oct 11 and still no VIN but tentative delivery on the 15th... if the car leaves factory on the 14th. So you're ahead by a month
Wow I didn’t realize how far apart they’d be; you’d think being close in proximity.... we’ll to update mine, I got a call this afternoon (12/12) that it was delivered to our Las Vegas Sales Center and delivery scheduled for tomorrow! The employee said they were getting “hundred of cars in” and they try to get as many deliveries done during the weekdays because the weekends are “madness.”

I thought this was funny. I received the following email from my delivery center:

Thank you for attending our New Owner’s Workshop! We hope you were able to learn about the vehicle and prepare for delivery.

As we mentioned during our presentation we will be offering our Ludicrous Delivery to new owners who do not require a Vehicle Orientation. We will be completing a large amount of deliveries during the month of December and selecting this option will help Tesla maximize the amount of vehicles we can deliver as well as providing you with a faster Delivery Experience. If you feel comfortable with the vehicle, please reply with LUDICROUS and we will mark you down for this option!

Next Steps: You will receive a Text Message once your vehicle has left the Factory to select a Delivery Date. We would like to find a time in the Three Days following receipt of your vehicle to complete your delivery. As we mentioned during the event we will call to confirm your Final Details the day or two before your Delivery. Please make sure to answer this for a quick delivery! You may also call us once receiving the text message to confirm with us. You may reach Rocklin Delivery at ***-***-**** .

Important: If you are financing through a Third Party Bank your MVPA will generate once your VIN is assigned. You may view this document in your MyTesla by clicking the Manage button and looking at the Customer Documents section in the bottom right. Please take this to your Bank as soon as you receive the text message as we will require the check to be present during your delivery.

If you have any questions please reach out to your Tesla Advisor or the Rocklin Delivery Team. Thank you all for coming to the Workshop and we look forward to delivering your vehicle!

As we mentioned during our presentation we will be offering our Ludicrous Delivery to new owners who do not require a Vehicle Orientation. We will be completing a large amount of deliveries during the month of December and selecting this option will help Tesla maximize the amount of vehicles we can deliver as well as providing you with a faster Delivery Experience. If you feel comfortable with the vehicle, please reply with LUDICROUS and we will mark you down for this option!

So what is Ludicrous mode, just bend over, sign and take the car, no matter what issues it has? "Just trust us, we are taking care of you?"

I thought this was funny. I received the following email from my delivery center:

Thank you for attending our New Owner’s Workshop! We hope you were able to learn about the vehicle and prepare for delivery.

Next Steps: You will receive a Text Message once your vehicle has left the Factory to select a Delivery Date. We would like to find a time in the Three Days following receipt of your vehicle to complete your delivery. As we mentioned during the event we will call to confirm your Final Details the day or two before your Delivery. Please make sure to answer this for a quick delivery! You may also call us once receiving the text message to confirm with us. You may reach Rocklin Delivery at ***-***-**** .

Important: If you are financing through a Third Party Bank your MVPA will generate once your VIN is assigned. You may view this document in your MyTesla by clicking the Manage button and looking at the Customer Documents section in the bottom right. Please take this to your Bank as soon as you receive the text message as we will require the check to be present during your delivery.

If you have any questions please reach out to your Tesla Advisor or the Rocklin Delivery Team. Thank you all for coming to the Workshop and we look forward to delivering your vehicle!

Hope this LUDICROUS is just bypassing the workshop.
Still need some time to inspect the vehicle prior to finalizing the paperwork

Hope this LUDICROUS is just bypassing the workshop.
Still need some time to inspect the vehicle prior to finalizing the paperwork
I think the intent is that if you are a prior owner or have watched every model 3 video on YouTube and feel like you don't need a lesson on how everything works, they skip that part. I'm sure you still have the ability to inspect and sign paperwork. Skipping the inspection would be RIDICULOUS delivery. This is just LUDICROUS delivery.

upload_2019-12-13_3-21-21.png

(mike drop)

SR+ White/Black 19"
Ordered 10/18/19 in Sunnyvale, CA

I honestly hope everyone on this thread see's their VIN this morning,
John

How do I let them know I want ludicrous delivery? I noticed they said reply with ludicrous delivery. I don’t have an email to reply to
Is Rocklin your delivery center? I'm not sure whether this is a Tesla thing or just a Rocklin thing. The reply was intended to go back to the person that sent me the email. If you're picking up your car in Rocklin, I'll PM you their email address.

Hi All.
My delivery center is Costa Mesa.
Ordered SR+ 11/4 White, White Interior, Aero and no VIN. Only word from Costa Mesa was that it was going to be closer to Christmas but guaranteed before 12/31. Kind of wish I had sprung for the sleeper version when offered to me a few weeks ago.