Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tampa Bay Area
I ordered the SR+ White w/ Black Interior. Aero wheels and no full self driving in Feb. I financed through Tesla the end of April. Delivery date has been May 15- June 15 for weeks, gradually changing to the end of May - June 15,16. This a.m. it changed to June 4- 24 🤨.
i keep saying they are making it perfect and it’s more time to save $ since I paid off my last lease. I’m sure you all are just as excited and anxious to get it as I am. I should probably quit torturing myself and looking everyday 😆.

Reactions: cyberry
Moved to June 07 - June 27 yesterday (previously June 1 - June 21)
And now this.... it's going the wrong way :(

1621187615602.png

Sooo my delivery went from a date range June 16-26

to

5-12 weeks from order date…

order date was May 8

May I ask why did this just update to a unknown date?
May 8 is very late IMO. It looks like those who ordered before ~Apr 20th still got dates (mostly pushed to end of June). Other get a number of weeks (suggesting next quarter IMO).

If you look at the spreadsheet, it seems like EU ordered placed before mid April start coming in (VINs issues around mid May) later goes next quarter. Canada gets their SR at around the same pace as the US "big area" gets theirs (i.e. BC with CA and ON/QC with tristate). Canada gets their LR and P end of quarter, first week of next quarter. So in Canada, you can order relatively late as long as sales figures in Canada are "normal" and your config is probable.

I can't remember where I saw the per quarter sales breakdown but Q2 is the biggest one every year. Expect a lot of us having to wait until next quarter. They will deliver the orders from Q1 along with the Q2 one they can manage to deliver within the quarter. If supplies gets back ordered, deliveries may slip into Q3 for the Q2 production.

Also it looks like the schedules are Sat-Fri most of the time. I am guessing there are 4 main factors in your delivery date:

1) ordering before or after the current quarter production capacity is full
2) the batch ordering in the production (in factory so from nothing to complete vehicle)
3) distribution (train freight, truck freight and offshore) to hubs and then from hubs to spoke. I would bet they use hub and spoke to navigate cancellation/changes of config
4) preparation scheduling at your SC vs volume. At that point I am guessing the delivery date forecast gets accurate because it's a function of volume of vehicle/SC and the SC capacity for prep work.

May 8 is very late IMO. It looks like those who ordered before ~Apr 20th still got dates (mostly pushed to end of June). Other get a number of weeks (suggesting next quarter IMO).

If you look at the spreadsheet, it seems like EU ordered placed before mid April start coming in (VINs issues around mid May) later goes next quarter. Canada gets their SR at around the same pace as the US "big area" gets theirs (i.e. BC with CA and ON/QC with tristate). Canada gets their LR and P end of quarter, first week of next quarter. So in Canada, you can order relatively late as long as sales figures in Canada are "normal" and your config is probable.

I can't remember where I saw the per quarter sales breakdown but Q2 is the biggest one every year. Expect a lot of us having to wait until next quarter. They will deliver the orders from Q1 along with the Q2 one they can manage to deliver within the quarter. If supplies gets back ordered, deliveries may slip into Q3 for the Q2 production.

Also it looks like the schedules are Sat-Fri most of the time. I am guessing there are 4 main factors in your delivery date:

2) the batch ordering in the production (in factory so from nothing to complete vehicle)
3) distribution (train freight, truck freight and offshore) to hubs and then from hubs to spoke. I would bet they use hub and spoke to navigate cancellation/changes of config
4) preparation scheduling at your SC vs volume. At that point I am guessing the delivery date forecast gets accurate because it's a function of volume of vehicle/SC and the SC capacity for prep work.

mine is a Model 3 SR+ Solid Black nothing special… hopefully I can be a possible luck one that can grab before June 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well, I have ordered an SR+ white on black on april 11th. Always had an estimated delivery showing around end of May to first two weeks on June.

Today it is showing 8-12 weeks!!!